Loading 30-30 in general & Lehigh controlled chaos?

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I thought about that myself. I’ve slipped up and counted coup on several well within 30-30 range. Just have to find one in the right spot and not be too picky.
I've hunted them with open sight muzzle loader multiple times, its completely doable in the right turf. Other times its nice to just hammer one from 400yd. :p Realistically I'll get this 30-30 tuned up and start bringing it on hunts in the truck along with my normal gun(s) and deploy it if/when the conditions are suitable. :)

Rich M

WKR
I don't hunt in dense <150yd turf, hence I haven't put much effort into this gun previously. But I want to get it set up and make time on a hunt where it might work into the mix. Frankly it could be fun to creep on a pronghorn with one in the right circumstances, sorta the opposite of what someone is thinking when they hear 30-30!
Very nice! If you are gonna spend the time to set it up - an easy 300 yard gun.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you seen the load data on Lehigh's site? https://lehighdefense.com/ld-load-data it is down a ways in the list. The 140 CC looks like it would be the ticket in the 30-30.
Yep I had, seems like solid velocity with leverevolution for its weight. The 140 monoflex on hodgdon's database is similar velocity in a 24" where as leigh is 20" (which I have) so might be looking at a 100fps slower there from a 20". Both seem promising, I am truly interested to see what the lehigh does on game if I get the chance.