Local cabelas bargain cavers WTB rifle scope

MIKEYB

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any frequent bargain cave browsers come across any deals at their local Cabelas?

I know this is a long shot, but I have seen where guys have found some sweet deals and posted them here and offered to buy and ship. They just broke ground on a cabelas in my city. . . So I don't have one to peruse.

I'm looking for preferably light weight rifle scope to top my new tikka t3x 7mag.

What I have had my eye on so far:

Leupold vx3i 3x9 or 4x14 with cds and side focus, windplex reticle.

Leupold vx-6 cds side focus fire dot reticle

Swarovski z3

The last two I'm afraid are going to be more than I'm willing to part with at this time as I'm being a tightwad and don't feel like I should at this time with a 4 month old at home.

With that said Shoot me a pm what you are seeing, not set on the scopes above. PayPal preferred if your willing to help a brother out with a awesome find.worth a shot! Thanks!

OP
MIKEYB

MIKEYB

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! I have noticed his and the smaller z3 in the classifieds.A little to rich for me at the moment. At 900 I could get what I want in vx-6. Have been looking at the midway USA reburbished leupolds,may go that route.

Maybe try a light vx-2 for now and if I don't like it I can use it on my 22/250 and upgrade when I feel better about dropping coin.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Saw some one else posted that Midway is selling some refurbished side focus cds scopes right now for a great price. Might check with them
Oh I see you have already checked with them. I'll up my reading comprehension in the future
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any frequent bargain cave browsers come across any deals at their local Cabelas?

I know this is a long shot, but I have seen where guys have found some sweet deals and posted them here and offered to buy and ship. They just broke ground on a cabelas in my city. . . So I don't have one to peruse.

I'm looking for preferably light weight rifle scope to top my new tikka t3x 7mag.

What I have had my eye on so far:

Leupold vx3i 3x9 or 4x14 with cds and side focus, windplex reticle.

Leupold vx-6 cds side focus fire dot reticle

Swarovski z3

The last two I'm afraid are going to be more than I'm willing to part with at this time as I'm being a tightwad and don't feel like I should at this time with a 4 month old at home.

With that said Shoot me a pm what you are seeing, not set on the scopes above. PayPal preferred if your willing to help a brother out with a awesome find.worth a shot! Thanks!

it would streamline your search and recruiting help from "us" if you were clear on your search - the Leupold VX3i line includes: 2.5x8, 3.5x10, 4.5x14. 6.5x20 - 3x9 & 4x12 are VX2's (there is no 4x14) - the side focus are fewer yet

OP
MIKEYB

MIKEYB

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gkprice,

Not really interested in the higher magnification scopes. would rather stick in the 3 to 18 range.

If I was good with spending it I would get the vx-6 3x18 CDS firedot/windplex--side focus. about 900 on midway. or I could get the 2 x 12 CDS Duplex without side focus on cabelas for $700.

After talking to the Leupold rep and watching a few you tube videos, If i have a CDS and mag higher than say 9 I think I would want the side focus. . . .but then again maybe I wouldn't miss it. I have no first hand experience with it.

More realisticly:
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm 30mm, Side Focus CDS Matte Wind-Plex (no firedot in vx3i) Cabelas $600 or amazon $530

Swaro is light but higher priced, more than what Im wanting to spend on it.

I'm open minded to exploring different options. . . especially if it 's a good deal. like I said,trying to be a tightwad on this project as I tend to over shoot budgets when it comes to hunting. . . But I bet nobody here can relate.;)

GKprice, what was ever the the verdict with your head spacing issues on your T3X 7mag?

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Almost all of us are tightwads...we're just addicted to buying gear. If my wife wouldn't waste so much on our kids clothes and education I'd have a lot more gear (junk).
Sorry I hi-jacked!

OP
MIKEYB

MIKEYB

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I hear you! Adulting is tough! A few years ago I would not have hesitated to drop over 1k on a scope, hell I would have probably bought a kimber,xbolt or SAKO instead of the Tikka. Now I just feel guilty spending it.. . .I must be getting old.HA!

Hell My 4 month old probably has enough to buy me a swaro scope in her "education fund". PFFFFT! like she needs education, Look at me I'm high school grad and doing just fine!<---Says the tightwad that wont drop over 1k on a scope. LOL!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm going to be replacing my old Redfield Widefield Illuminator Accutrac 3x9 scope soon. So will be posting it at some point. It's one of the original Redfields that were made in Denver in the 80's. The Accutrac goes to 600 yards and after 28 years on this rifle I'm looking to put a longer range scope on it. Just used it on a deer in December at 375 yards using the Accutrac. I'm thinking $200 with the original box, booklet, and extra Accutrac dials.