Local shop?

So we have a local specialty gear shop. They stock Sitka, Filson, Orvis, Garmin, Benchmade, etc.

If they carry or can get something that I'm looking for, I get it from them. Even if I may have shopped for other comperable options, I get what they have.

Do you have a local specialty shop? Do you make a concerted effort to support them?

Gen273

WKR
I like to buy local when I can. I especially like Mom and Pop type places. However, I also buy a lot, probably too much from online, because of availability and such.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
My problem is I’m generally busy enough that it’s just easier to click a button when I’m thinking about it and have something show up than wait til I can schedule in time to head to a store during business hours.

Edit: I had some local places in my home state in the various places I lived, but I honestly haven’t put the effort forth to find places since I’ve been here. Partially due to limited free time.

Last edited:

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely have a local favorite, I do anything I can to steer clear of REI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
If you can support in anyway your local shops it helps tremendously. It’s getting harder and harder and more costly to run small businesses. Amazon is killing the little guys with unrealistic shipping times and cost of goods, and not to mention shipping prices have gone up quite a bit. Ill shop local every chance I can, even it it might cost me a couple dollars extra.

OP
displacedtexan
If you can support in anyway your local shops it helps tremendously. It’s getting harder and harder and more costly to run small businesses. Amazon is killing the little guys with unrealistic shipping times and cost of goods, and not to mention shipping prices have gone up quite a bit. Ill shop local every chance I can, even it it might cost me a couple dollars extra.
Agree 100%

And, even if I occasionally spend a few dollars more on an item, I think I wind up saving money over the course of a year.

I've been given plenty of free beers, glasses of whiskey, random discounts on things, and even small stuff for free.