Location for public land wedding near Driggs ID.

Aklin458

FNG
I know this may not be the place for this, delete if necessary. My fiancé and I are getting married near Driggs Idaho. We are looking to to have the ceremony outdoors on public land. Preferably in a field of some sort with mountain views. I know this is a long shot, but could anyone familiar with the area point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ODB

WKR
That might be tough. Or easy - the Tetons are literally across the border.

the dark green at the bottom is about all the public land I see::

Might just check out Air BNBs in the area. If they have a Mountain View, they will most assuredly tell you in the ad. If it’s got a yard, you’ve got a wedding spot…

798F613E-69E0-4FAD-B0E8-2188EF26FC8C.jpeg

I know this may not be the place for this, delete if necessary. My fiancé and I are getting married near Driggs Idaho. We are looking to to have the ceremony outdoors on public land. Preferably in a field of some sort with mountain views. I know this is a long shot, but could anyone familiar with the area point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What time of year will the wedding be? Last year they were trying to recharge the aquifers so a lot of the lower lying public areas near the river stayed soggy/buggy a little later than normal.

Also, how many in attendance? And how many separate cars would be there? The FS requires a permit if more than 75 people. I assume you'd want a drive to spot and not a hike to spot?

My daughter lives in Driggs Idaho! My Little Texas girl loves the mountains. Parking may be an issue. Driggs is on the Wyoming Border so do you care if it is on the Idaho side or the Wyoming side? I can send you pins on Google earth to look at spots. I called her and she said she would pick some spots. There is a place called Reunion Flat, There is Teton Canyon Campground and the Teton Canyon Trail head where there is parking and some beautiful Meadows. There is also the Teton Canyon Overview Observation Site, there is parking and a little meadow. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will try to send you some spots for ideas. She said she would look at some spots.

My folks have a plot of undeveloped ground, 2.5 acres, off that Fox Creek Canyon Rd about a mile from the forest boundary, so mountains in the background. I'd bet they'd let you use it if you agreed to be courteous and respectful and leave it as you found it. PM me if you're interested.

My daughter lives in Driggs Idaho! My Little Texas girl loves the mountains. Parking may be an issue. Driggs is on the Wyoming Border so do you care if it is on the Idaho side or the Wyoming side? I can send you pins on Google earth to look at spots. I called her and she said she would pick some spots. There is a place called Reunion Flat, There is Teton Canyon Campground and the Teton Canyon Trail head where there is parking and some beautiful Meadows. There is also the Teton Canyon Overview Observation Site, there is parking and a little meadow. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will try to send you some spots for ideas. She said she would look at some spots.
Reunión Flat and Canyon Campground fill up pretty quick these days. Keep in mind that the natural meadows up in that area have sagebrush 3-5 tall throughout. So it might be hard to walk down an aisle or anything. If just standing in small groups, that’d probably work.

Dos Perros probably has the best offer.