Loggy Bayou Treestand, which one?

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Loggy Bayou treestand that I got from a friend, but I’m not sure which one it is. Does anyone know which model this is? I am also looking for any tips on mods to make to the treestand. I’m planning on switching out the rope for a ratchet strap and adding some stealth stripping. Any other pieces of advice to make this a good hang and hunt treestand. 335D2CB2-131B-41D2-9D73-271CBD853D32.jpegB12C5AE1-81B5-42E8-AF86-F32F55B004A9.jpegAB64CE1A-CA81-49AC-918C-01B2BE975D2B.jpeg

Last edited:
That is my mistake. I had a LocOn as well, and got them mixed up.

They are similar. I wasn't thinking about that. When you said lock on I was thinking generic, not the brand.

I'm not positive what the model is, hasn't been made since probably the mid 90's. They redid it and used a cable rather than the wide metal strap for the climbing part. Added a more comfortable seat as well. I just strap mine to a tree and leave it. The strap that is on it isn't supposed to be the main strap. I generally use two ratchet straps with it, one up where that rope system is, and one on the platform just to keep anything from moving.

OP
George Hamrick

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
They are similar. I wasn't thinking about that. When you said lock on I was thinking generic, not the brand.

I'm not positive what the model is, hasn't been made since probably the mid 90's. They redid it and used a cable rather than the wide metal strap for the climbing part. Added a more comfortable seat as well. I just strap mine to a tree and leave it. The strap that is on it isn't supposed to be the main strap. I generally use two ratchet straps with it, one up where that rope system is, and one on the platform just to keep anything from moving.
I appreciate the information. It’s lightweight, so I am hoping to make it a run and gun type of setup somehow. I figured that it would take at least one ratchet strap if not two.

Gutshotem

WKR
I'm pretty sure thats a loggy lite climber. Its missing the little hand climber top section but you could hug the tree and climb that way if you wanted. If The regular loggys were painted gray and the lites were brown if I remember correctly.

OP
George Hamrick

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I knew it was missing the top section. I’m just planning on using it as a hang on. It’s originally gray, but my friend painted the brown on there. It is pretty lightweight though, so I’m not sure.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I can't help you with the model, but I can give you a pretty good idea about how old it is. I still have the LB climber my dad bought new for me in 1993. Yours looks slightly "less modern" and I would guess was built in the late 80s or early 90s. A premium climber at the time.

OP
George Hamrick

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I can't help you with the model, but I can give you a pretty good idea about how old it is. I still have the LB climber my dad bought new for me in 1993. Yours looks slightly "less modern" and I would guess was built in the late 80s or early 90s. A premium climber at the time.
I appreciate the information. I knew it was fairly old due to the style, and how the top section slid into the bottom. Seems like it would’ve been fairly top of the line for back then.

tracker12

WKR
You are missing the band for that platform push the climber portion as others have mentioned. . Do what you want but I would not use it as a hang-on. Way safer options out there.

OP
George Hamrick

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
You are missing the band for that platform push the climber portion as others have mentioned. . Do what you want but I would not use it as a hang-on. Way safer options out there.
Why do you feel it’s unsafe? Other than not having teeth, as long as I use a ratchet strap I don’t see it being any more unsafe than a modern hang-on.

Mosby

WKR
I have that exact tree stand. Best I ever owned. Bought it in Maryland in the 1980's. Mine didn't have a top section. You put your feet in the straps and held on to the tree while you pulled your knees up. I never did that. Used tree steps and hung it 4 or 5 feet off the ground so I could see over the laurel. Killed a ton of PA whitetail hunting out of it. Still have it but don't use it. I don't trust the metal band anymore.

Afhunter1

WKR
I still got 4 of them sitting in my garage. 2 were mine and one was my dads and one was a friend of his. Use a lone wolf now but I’d take one of those loggy’s over some of the dang heavy stands made today.

PA Hunter

WKR
I had that stand in the 90s the optional climbing aide pins broke out the aluminum almost killed me as I flipped backwards hanging upside down almost breaking my ankles.

I also have the one updated from that one and still use it and it cracked by the welds.

You should just attach a ratchet strap around it if you use it bypassing that rope. Put a cushion on that seat also and use a good harness.

That’s just a leggy bayou climber you have Terry Bradshaw use to advertise for them.

PA Hunter

WKR
I had that stand in the 90s the optional climbing aide pins broke out the aluminum almost killed me as I flipped backwards hanging upside down almost breaking my ankles.

I also have the one updated from that one and still use it and it cracked by the welds.

You should just attach a ratchet strap around it if you use it bypassing that rope. Put a cushion on that seat also and use a good harness.

That’s just a leggy bayou climber you have Terry Bradshaw use to advertise for them.
Yes you are missing the steel band with rubber insert don’t use it without that or you have a death wish.