Lone Mesa State Park, CO and Unit 711 Leftover

Hey Folks,

I recently was granted access to lone mesa state park in SW Colorado through their permit program. I put in for their archery season on a whim after hearing good things about the program and elk opportunities. I was under the impression that Unit 711 was OTC for archery but have since found out this changed recently. Therefore, I am just curious if anyone has an idea or thoughts on what the leftover tag quota could look like for elk, mule deer, or bear in Unit 711? I plan to spend a week out there in Sept. if I can get any sort of tag.

Also, if anyone has any tips on the park itself, I am all ears. I live in Fort Collins so I am not sure if I will be able to get all the way down there till the season starts but will be doing all the E-scouting I can in the meantime.

Thanks,
W.A.

grademan1

FNG
Hey Folks,

I recently was granted access to lone mesa state park in SW Colorado through their permit program. I put in for their archery season on a whim after hearing good things about the program and elk opportunities. I was under the impression that Unit 711 was OTC for archery but have since found out this changed recently. Therefore, I am just curious if anyone has an idea or thoughts on what the leftover tag quota could look like for elk, mule deer, or bear in Unit 711? I plan to spend a week out there in Sept. if I can get any sort of tag.

Also, if anyone has any tips on the park itself, I am all ears. I live in Fort Collins so I am not sure if I will be able to get all the way down there till the season starts but will be doing all the E-scouting I can in the meantime.

Thanks,
W.A.
I have hunted it a few times, if you get a tag let me know and ill be glad to help you out. As far as bear, they are everywhere in the park.

sharpbb14

FNG
Hey Folks,

Thanks,
W.A.
You can Dm me and I will help where I can. I've hunted the park in the past

jnwebb45

FNG
Were you able to get a leftover tag? I’ll be hunting the park as well for the first time this year. Good luck!

OP
Wild Arrow
Were you able to get a leftover tag? I’ll be hunting the park as well for the first time this year. Good luck!
I was not able to as my work took me out of internet coverage when the tags released! Oh well maybe next year. Good luck on your hunt I would love to hear how it goes!

Hello, Ive recieved the Lone Mesa State Park permit and going this Saturday. Do any of you have any tips or tricks?