Long distance car hauling service?

matthewmt

WKR
I'm inheriting a car and had thought about flying then driving the rig back but it's 2000 miles so figured I would ask around if any has used a particular outfit for something like this?
From what I understand it would save me a good bit of money/time paying someone to haul it on the way back from a delivery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
I've done both. Depending on the time of year, (weather conditions) and how much time I have, I like a good road trip. If time or work is an issue then I use a transport service. Lots out there. Check with car dealers in the area especially in the Florida - Arizona and other "winter spots" and you can get some good feedback/recommendations.

elkguide

WKR
I caught a trucker that was going towards the area where I had just bought a large tractor and rather than coming home empty, he loaded and delivered the tractor to me at a reduced rate. Definitely some time involved in finding someone sometimes but I wasn't going to drive a farm tractor 500 miles.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
I've done both. Depending on the time of year, (weather conditions) and how much time I have, I like a good road trip. If time or work is an issue then I use a transport service. Lots out there. Check with car dealers in the area especially in the Florida - Arizona and other "winter spots" and you can get some good feedback/recommendations.
I'd like to take a road trip but logistically wouldn't work for me at the moment.
KY-MT is what I'd be looking at.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
If you know any of the car dealers in your area ask them which one they use. I had to ship a pickup and ended up using an instate transporter I didn't know about. They were cheaper than all of the national outfits. I have a buddy that owns a used car lot, he told me to call them. I also had them drop the pick up at his lot so I didn't have to worry about being around when it arrived.

jmez

WKR
Another FYI. In order to get a quote from any of the national companies you need to fill out a form with email, phone etc. Prepare to be bombarded multiple times a day with emails.