Long Range Hunting Build Question: Need Help!

Wanting to leverage the community knowledge…looking at modifying my Remington 700 chambered in .308 Win to be more of a "longer range" hunting setup. I handload so I'll be able to juice up the velocity but I'm really interested in y'all's opinion on a good stock. I was looking at possibly a AG Composites carbon fiber stock but that's some serious $$$$ however it seems like they just released a new fiberglass stock option that's WAYYYY cheaper than the carbon fiber version. What are y'all's thoughts on it? Also might start dabbling in the NRL Hunter competitions with this rifle.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here at RS, the Stocky’s are popular. I have converted to their VG2 from a mish mash of other good budget options. I have had and wasn’t disappointed overall in the Greyboe, McMillan, KRG Bravo, Bell and Carlson, and HS Precision that I had. There were things I did and didn’t like about them that led me to unify on Stocky’s, including budget/quality value. I have 3 of the VG2 with one more on the way.

There is the Rokstock made by Stocky’s and sold by Unknown Munitions. There are several threads on it and the design.

OP
A
Here at RS, the Stocky’s are popular. I have converted to their VG2 from a mish mash of other good budget options. I have had and wasn’t disappointed overall in the Greyboe, McMillan, KRG Bravo, Bell and Carlson, and HS Precision that I had. There were things I did and didn’t like about them that led me to unify on Stocky’s, including budget/quality value. I have 3 of the VG2 with one more on the way.

There is the Rokstock made by Stocky’s and sold by Unknown Munitions. There are several threads on it and the design.
What is it about the VG2 that sold you on it? You’ll have 4 of them now so seems like you’ve had good luck with them from a quality standpoint.

Ddubs20

FNG
I went with a stockys m50 fiberglass, had to send the first one back due to something rattling around inside. They made it right, but overall not real happy with their quality. AG composites are superb quality. If you can find a springfield waypoint to handle at a gun shop you can see their hunter stock.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What is it about the VG2 that sold you on it? You’ll have 4 of them now so seems like you’ve had good luck with them from a quality standpoint.
The palm swell fits me and trigger reach is nice. Recoil pad is good. Weight is low. The shape of the stock, including the forearm is very functional.

The stock is stiff, and shoots great without bedding. Quality is very good, even though it isn’t as ultra nice as McMillan or Manners.