Long range muzzleloader

tagout75

WKR
Looking some information on what everyone thought on the best out the box muzzleloader for long range without breaking the bank? And for me long range is around 300 yards. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking some information on what everyone thought on the best out the box muzzleloader for long range without breaking the bank? And for me long range is around 300 yards. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that the top 5 rifles shown here in the results of this match in Tennessee might qualify :) :)

bbell

WKR
So Knight would be good?? 😀 I like seeing what the top guy used. Paper patched bullet and real black powder. I got some 3f Swiss for my Lyman. I look forward to lobbing some roundballs at long range for kicks. Target practice of course.

So Knight would be good?? �� I like seeing what the top guy used. Paper patched bullet and real black powder. I got some 3f Swiss for my Lyman. I look forward to lobbing some roundballs at long range for kicks. Target practice of course.

3726_zpseltpmzfp.png

You will have to magnify the pic to see much.

Good to see some Knight guys placing in the top ranks! For anyone in the market for a Mountaineer there is one at Skagit Arms in Burlington WA in the $700 range which is a steal as they are 11-1200 guns now... Thanks for posting Sabotloader!

Good to see some Knight guys placing in the top ranks! For anyone in the market for a Mountaineer there is one at Skagit Arms in Burlington WA in the $700 range which is a steal as they are 11-1200 guns now... Thanks for posting Sabotloader!

Shoot O deer! that is a great price on a new Mountaineer! I assume it is a 50 cal with Western ignition?

Ya its a .50cal with western kit, it has a couple scratches on the stock is why its hugely discounted, could definetly be cleaned up...

I have a T/C FX Pro Hunter. It will shoot decent out to 300, with the Leupold Slam scope. It is stock out of the box..
Not sure if you're wanting to be sub MOA at 300
:)
But I can consistently group about a basket ball size at 300. That will kill an elk or deer.

I think I paid $800 for gun and scope combo a year ago.

I have heard great things about Remingtons

No love for CVA?

I haven't shot my new Accura yet, but have several friends that have them and absolutely love them, and shoot sub MOA groups at 200 yards all day long. After playing around with both the Accura V2 and MR at the store, I went with the MR because of the ergonomics of it. When I shouldered the V2, I was looking directly down the barrel, which would be nice if I wasnt putting a scope on it, but I had to drop the gun down or pick my head up a little to look down a scope.

First impressions out of the box were very good. The nitride conditioning is very nice, and the gun actually has a lifetime warranty against any corrosion, pitting, etc.

I'll be shooting BH209 and 290gr Barnes Expander T-EZs...

Btw, I had a Remington Ultimate and sold it to buy the Accura.

Bar

Banned
No love for CVA?

I haven't shot my new Accura yet, but have several friends that have them and absolutely love them, and shoot sub MOA groups at 200 yards all day long. After playing around with both the Accura V2 and MR at the store, I went with the MR because of the ergonomics of it. When I shouldered the V2, I was looking directly down the barrel, which would be nice if I wasnt putting a scope on it, but I had to drop the gun down or pick my head up a little to look down a scope.

First impressions out of the box were very good. The nitride conditioning is very nice, and the gun actually has a lifetime warranty against any corrosion, pitting, etc.

Good choice.

spaniel

FNG
I've been away from the ML game for a number of years.

With respect to conventional guns, IMHO one of the best ever made was the T/C Omega. I have one with the thumbhole stock, bedded, which shot sub-MOA to 400 yards with the 200SW and MOA with the 325FTX at 500 yards.

Smokeless is a whole other ballgame. I built one on a Savage short action and it was .75-1 MOA at 500 yards with the 200SW.

Might check the laws about using smokeless powder hunting. There's a guy here in KY that makes some of the most accurate ML around. His name is Jeff Hankins Custom Rifles

He has a very unique ignition system. Worth checking!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bar

Banned
I've been away from the ML game for a number of years.

With respect to conventional guns, IMHO one of the best ever made was the T/C Omega. I have one with the thumbhole stock, bedded, which shot sub-MOA to 400 yards with the 200SW and MOA with the 325FTX at 500 yards.

Smokeless is a whole other ballgame. I built one on a Savage short action and it was .75-1 MOA at 500 yards with the 200SW.

How much drop do you have at 500yds?

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
No love for CVA?

I shoot BH209 with the Barnes 290 grain expander also. I use 70 gr by weight and get a muzzle velocity of 1845 fps from my Bone Collector.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk