Long Range Shooting with a Knight Rifle(s)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
those are some incredible shots, especially if there was no editing out the misses!
Have you been around the new Knights?
Since Idaho changed the laws to discourage any technology, there's not much on shelves to even look at around here.

I would really like to see some footage of them shooting from behind the shooter... There are a few guys out there that are definitely shooting some awesome long range smoke poles and these shots are very doable with some of the modern guns. This video was just shot poorly in my opinion... I could do the same thing with targets at 100 yards and edit it to be "long" range.

Mike

OP
sabotloader
those are some incredible shots, especially if there was no editing out the misses!
Have you been around the new Knights?
Since Idaho changed the laws to discourage any technology, there's not much on shelves to even look at around here.

Fortunately, Knight makes a Western Kit that can be installed in their rifles that makes the rifle - Idaho Legal, actually makes it legal in all 3 Pacific Northwest States.

I do have a new Knight Mountaineer in 50 cal that I use during the regular rifle season. And I can use a DISC Extreme durning ML season. I am actually working a way to put the western kit in the Mountaineer - It basically requires using the Western Bolt housing and a modification of the breech plug in length to be able to use in the Mountaineer.

OP
sabotloader
I would really like to see some footage of them shooting from behind the shooter... There are a few guys out there that are definitely shooting some awesome long range smoke poles and these shots are very doable with some of the modern guns. This video was just shot poorly in my opinion... I could do the same thing with targets at 100 yards and edit it to be "long" range.

Mike

Mike, What I can tell you for sure - I was not there during the shooting. But, I did know it was going on and I know one of the guys that were doing the shooting. The distances are correct as claimed I am sure of that. I am not sure how much was left or edited out for misses or what ever. I am also sure once they had the setup sighted in for the distance shooting consistently and hitting the gong would be very doable. The two primary guys are very good shooters...

Doesn't help to verify much but I am comfortable with the results.

Mike, What I can tell you for sure - I was not there during the shooting. But, I did know it was going on and I know one of the guys that were doing the shooting. The distances are correct as claimed I am sure of that. I am not sure how much was left or edited out for misses or what ever. I am also sure once they had the setup sighted in for the distance shooting consistently and hitting the gong would be very doable. The two primary guys are very good shooters...

Doesn't help to verify much but I am comfortable with the results.

No problems or questions here, I believe they are doing what they are showing. I just know that if you're going to be posting up videos of long range shots, it's a good idea to have an "uncut" video where you can hear the shot and watch the target. Lot of guys out there who are willing to call "photoshop" or "Edited!" on pictures or videos and why give them the excuse? Hope that clarifies my point. Good shooting for dang sure!

Mike

OP
sabotloader
No problems or questions here, I believe they are doing what they are showing. I just know that if you're going to be posting up videos of long range shots, it's a good idea to have an "uncut" video where you can hear the shot and watch the target. Lot of guys out there who are willing to call "photoshop" or "Edited!" on pictures or videos and why give them the excuse? Hope that clarifies my point. Good shooting for dang sure!

Mike

Yep! agree, but believe me these guys are not video people at all - not sure they would no how to do a lot of editing... I do know they used two cameras to get the video one at the bench on a tri-pod and one at the gong.