long range weather forecast???

ethan

WKR
There was a time a guy could turn on the weather channel and get....the weather forecast. Instead of how we're all going to die from a "significant weather event" happening in Bangladesh, or how global warming is teaming up with covid and everyone's going to be dead in a week! I know there are a lot of sources for weekly forecast but I can't seem to find any kind of source for good, quick, overall information on what the extended forecast throughout the country and weather fronts are doing. Does anybody try to keep up with this during hunting seasons or have a good source for this?? Thanks guys.

Backyard

WKR
There was a time a guy could turn on the weather channel and get....the weather forecast. Instead of how we're all going to die from a "significant weather event" happening in Bangladesh, or how global warming is teaming up with covid and everyone's going to be dead in a week! I know there are a lot of sources for weekly forecast but I can't seem to find any kind of source for good, quick, overall information on what the extended forecast throughout the country and weather fronts are doing. Does anybody try to keep up with this during hunting seasons or have a good source for this?? Thanks guys.

Rokslide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BFR

WKR
I usually google extended forecasts for the area I’m going to then compare all the different reports. Amazing how much difference there can be, but compiled gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect. BUT, you knew that was coming huh? But you should prepare for anything, that was brought home to me on a Utah elk hunt a few years ago. All my checking showed a little snow and daytime temps in the 30-40s. The first couple days were exactly that, then an Arctic storm landed, temps dropped to minus teens, 40-60 mph wind and heavy horizontal snow. Complete whiteout, stuck in camp for 2 days than it all went back to normal.

Here in Michigan the weather guys talk about politics and covid and briefly on the weather. I have turned to online sites for forcasts....etc. NOAA, weather bug...etc. Getting a long range maybe 10 days for N Michigan.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Here in CO it's pretty easy. We'll start going into a cooling pattern here in September which will continue to stay on the cool side through Feb, then start a warming trend in March. Moisture will be very spotty to hardly any at all in many places. You can pretty much bank on that every year.