Long shot/Odd ball tags

BuzzH

WKR
I've drawn some long odds tags. Moose in Montana, goat in Montana, new mexico oryx, Arizona desert sheep, moose in Wyoming, bighorn in Wyoming, musk ox in Alaska, 2 rifle Montana breaks bull elk tags, 3 lq bull elk in Wyoming, 4 Arizona rifle bull elk tags.

drmatara

FNG
I have been applying unsuccessfully for Michigan elk for 6 years....the tag I covet the most.
PA Elk.
VT Moose
Tule elk.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Nebraska Bighorn. Resident only lottery. Odds aint bad with only about 3500 entries last year. Includes a guide from G&P and lodging.

The Custer SD bison tag looks interesting.

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
I've drawn some long odds tags. Moose in Montana, goat in Montana, new mexico oryx, Arizona desert sheep, moose in Wyoming, bighorn in Wyoming, musk ox in Alaska, 2 rifle Montana breaks bull elk tags, 3 lq bull elk in Wyoming, 4 Arizona rifle bull elk tags.
Wow! If you ever think you have too much luck, float some my way.

dtrkyman

WKR
I did Maine moose for a while.

Put in for big horn sheep in New Mexico, planning my hunt now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

406life

Lil-Rokslider
PA elk, KY elk, VT moose, NH moose, NM Ibex and Oryx, TX state park aoudad and exotics.

This is pretty much my list as well. Add in OK elk, NV Snowcock (OTC), FL Iguana. If there's a season, I'm probably gonna try it.

I apply for KY elk but even as a resident it’s long odds my coworker has been putting in since 2000 when they started hunting them and has never gotten a tag. Luckily it’s only $10 for each category( there used to be 4 now only 3) so it’s not bad cost wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
The most oddball tag I put in for is the Sambar deer hunt in Florida that is primitive weapons only. I have put in 4x and never drawn. A friend of mine put in for the hunt a few years ago and drew it. He had a great time, missed 3 different stags with his bow. The island is boat accessible only and the hunt is primitive weapons only.

Other that, things like Kentucky Elk and Maine Moose are always applied for. Just my yearly donation to those G&F departments.
I drew for the Sambar hunt last Year. 5 points (5 years ). But hurricane blew in and I could not go. Guess I’ll wait another 5 years.

Scoot

WKR
I wonder how many folks are applying for these draws and not realizing how long the odds really are.
Tons! I have several buddies who apply for tags that they have virtually no chance of ever drawing and are shocked every year when they don't draw. I know tons of people who consider themselves serious hunters who have absolutely no idea how most states draw systems work or even the difference between a preference and bonus point. Many of these people are hopelessly optimistic and moderately clueless. I consider myself a realist, which of course is what all pessimists in this world call themselves! :)

I really don't do long shot draws. Just not my thing. I view them largely like I view buying lottery tickets. Just a form of voluntary taxation. I wonder how many folks are applying for these draws and not realizing how long the odds really are. I doubt that's the case for most Roksliders. But, I'd guess a lot of folks don't realize they are essentially donating their money. There is an antelope hunt I was interested in. It gets ~400 applicants for 1 NR tag. I wonder how many of the 400 knew what a long shot that really was when they applied. Elk hunting in Kentucky sounds pretty cool though.

This is just about every tag these days.

Points systems are giant ponzi schemes.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Points systems are giant ponzi schemes.
I have gotten dozens of tags through the Colorado ponzi scheme over the years and will continue to get tags through it and know exactly when I'll get those tags as well. It's those lottery draws with less than 5% chance that suck up most people's money over the years.

Definitely California elk, need max points to draw which is currently 20 I believe. Something like 3-4000 people currently max points

Laramie

WKR
I make a donation to Wyoming and Nebraska yearly for multiple tags I won't ever draw.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
I've put in for all three KY (resident) elk tags every year for 7 or 8 years. Still waiting . . .

Meanwhile I've caught the sheep bug. I'm thinking about applying for every sheep tag Nevada offers every year, including Ewe. Am I crazy to start building bonus points in 2022?

Wags

WKR
Definitely California elk, need max points to draw which is currently 20 I believe. Something like 3-4000 people currently max points

I stopped applying because I realized I’ll never draw before I leave this state.

Much like the Anderson Flats deer tag.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425