Long trip backpack

Any suggestions on a good backpack for 7 day hunts?
You're gonna get a ton of responses, ranging from "use the search function" to "whatever fits you best". Just to save time, here's the first five big brands I can remember (no particular order) and get talked about here. All will get the job done, and there's plenty of other brands that can say the same thing:
1. Stone Glacier
2. Exo
3. Seek Outside
4 Kifaru (what I use)
5. Kuiu

OP
P
I just purchased a cabelas 4000 on ebay pretty cheap but I have seen alot of negative reviews on here about that pack.

JohnD116

FNG
Trumpkin hit the best brands on the market. I like the Exo mountain gear. That’s what I use for longer trips. Another good brand to look into that wasn’t listed above is mystery ranch. I use one of their packs for day hunts and it’s awesome. Not exactly familiar with their bigger packs though.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I just purchased a cabelas 4000 on ebay pretty cheap but I have seen alot of negative reviews on here about that pack.
I can’t speak to the quality but you aren’t going to get 7 days out of a 4000 cubic in pack. I can go 5-6 on a 5900 with food/gear/water. I prefer close to 7000 for full week. Best bet is to pick up a used frame of choice from brands mentioned in the classifieds and they all make a variety of bag sizes that are interchangeable. I use a SG xcurve with 5900/7900 bags.

Ripnbst

FNG
Id say try and find the frame that fits you best. Most companies once you buy their frame swapping to different sized bags is not nearly as expensive.

HutchWV

FNG
You're gonna get a ton of responses, ranging from "use the search function" to "whatever fits you best". Just to save time, here's the first five big brands I can remember (no particular order) and get talked about here. All will get the job done, and there's plenty of other brands that can say the same thing:
1. Stone Glacier
2. Exo
3. Seek Outside
4 Kifaru (what I use)
5. Kuiu
i like the kuiu and stone glacier but the kifaru is probably the best. just heavy

I have a exo k2 5500 cu inches and a kifaru hoodlum thats 6500 cu in maybe? Exo is a more simple layout, kifaru can be super customizable with tons of add on pockets, and tons of ways to add straps and ehat not. Both handle weight extremely well in my opinion. In my olinion kifaru slightly edges out the exo cause of the customizing i could do to it to fit exactly what i want. But both are awesome packs and well worth the $600-$700. I have zero regrets buying them and still have both of them.

DTime20

FNG
Get something nice and you’ll never regret it. You can’t go wrong with with the top 5 above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t speak to the quality but you aren’t going to get 7 days out of a 4000 cubic in pack. I can go 5-6 on a 5900 with food/gear/water. I prefer close to 7000 for full week. Best bet is to pick up a used frame of choice from brands mentioned in the classifieds and they all make a variety of bag sizes that are interchangeable. I use a SG xcurve with 5900/7900 bags.
You sure can get 7 days out of a 4k pack. I just did an 8 day hunt with my Metcalf and its a shy bigger than 4k. It all depends on the time of year and how much junk you take.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
You sure can get 7 days out of a 4k pack. I just did an 8 day hunt with my Metcalf and its a shy bigger than 4k. It all depends on the time of year and how much junk you take.
Agreed, but the generally speaking most are going to want more room and it’s not ideal for a 7 day pack.