Longest kill shot

TheCougar

WKR
67 on a Coues buck. I had the shot, I was stable, he was feeding, so I took it. Actually a pretty good shot considering the size of the target, hit him about 3-4” aft of my aim point. Enough to miss lung though and hit liver. He went 60 yards over a ridge and bedded. About 15 minutes later, I walked over the ridge and I’m looking down in the canyon trying to see him, as he stands up 15 yards away. Luckily I had an arrow nocked and he was dead 30 seconds later.

Average distance has shrunk over time, as I get more patient and discerning at what is acceptable.

406unltd

WKR
63 on the bull in my pic. Couldn’t get in closer due to how it went down and the water. Got lucky and heart shot him and when he ran that water splashing and mixing with his blood pumping out looked like a bunch of Hawaiian Punch gushing everywhere and I remember thinking ohhh damn lol.

WCB

WKR
67 ND Antelope the last year non-residents could hunt them. First morning of the hunt spotted him from the truck right at first shooting light by himself in a small bowl on a hill side 500yards away. Literally ran up to the lip of the bowl and he was feeding right to left in front of me 80ish yards away. I slide around and got in a very small saddle on a cow trail I though he was on. Well he walked over the hill 35 yards away I drew and he ran. He made a half circle and stopped below me.

So I ranged him and drilled him at 67 yards. absolutely zero question on the shot I knew I could make it. I was filled out before sunrise.

dmb55

FNG
A whitetail at 48 yards bare bow, no sights. First arrow was low, right under belly – the deer just stood there, not sure of what it was. Second arrow hit. Old school, PSE 4 wheeler with wasp broad heads and XX75 arrows!

Laramie

WKR
81 yards. My best whitetail buck. I regret it everytime I look at him. He was calm and I practiced to 100+ regularly. I was a kid and inexperienced... He stepped as I shot and I hit him back. I found him almost 24 hours later. I lost all the meat to coyotes. I have his rack prominently displayed for a reminder to myself. I haven't shot past 50 since and not past 30 unless everything is perfect. I felt so bad I didn't archery hunt for a long time after.

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
Shot a good whitetail buck at 55 yards a few years back. He was feeding broadside and unaware that I was there. I practice often out past 100 yards but 60 yds is my comfortable limit with whitetail and perfect conditions. I would shoot farther at an elk but I have yet to be in that scenario with a good bull.

93 yards bull elk, last hour of the hunt and I was stone cold when I drew back. I was very confident on the shot so I let it fly knowing I’d drill him. I had been practicing a lot that year. He piled up quick.

0A821E9A-C1D1-41E6-99AC-2DA27EB8C2CE.jpeg

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
99 yard follow up shot on my mountain goat two years ago. The first shot was 70 yards broadside and hit where I wanted, a couple inches in front of the crease, so he only had seconds left to live. He ran back to the edge of the cliff at 99 yards and looked back at me. I ranged, dialed, drew and shot quickly to try and stop him from jumping off the cliff. I hit him quartering to, through the shoulder, exiting through the opposite hip, cutting the femoral artery and dropped him dead in his tracks. I won't shoot that far on an initial shot, but I will on a follow up shot. Iron Will S125 broadhead.

70 yds turkey. My daughters and I were on the search for one of my arrows I lost earlier in the day. They were both 10 at the time and I told them that whoever found my arrow would get $10. While we were searching a gobbler pipes off in the distance. We were on a fairly steep hillside and had to get down and over a ridge. I was using a box call and he'd gobble back, but wasn't really interested. We put a stalk on him and saw him with three hens. He was distracted by them and walking / quartering away. He stopped to display for the hens, I ranged him at exactly 70, drew back and drilled him.
My longest for other species;
Mule deer buck - 65
Bull elk - 64
Bull elk frontal - 38
Antelope - 55
Black bear - 44
I wouldn't take these shots if I didn't practice and have 100% confidence my shot would be lethal.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
35 yards on a wild boar and on an antelope. 50 yards on a grouse.

Elkhntr08

WKR
48 yards on a WT buck. River bottoms in a tree stand so no way to get closer. He took a step forward after I released, shot went from great to not so good in a heartbeat. Thankfully was shooting old 2317 arrows and 200 grain Snuffers. Took out the close lung and blew out the offside ham.
Practice to 70 yards, but try to stay inside 40. Too many things can happen.

82 yards on a whitetail doe, drilled the shoulder and she dropped, by the time I made it to her she was dead, in fact i dont think she kicked or anything, like I smoked her with a rifle. Killed another one 30 mins before at 60ish. Compounds these days are ridiculous

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
60 yds. young whitetail buck in Oregon, buddy called the distance with lazer over my shoulder, right in the pocket, closet was 7 yds. on a bull in Oregon, same buddy cow calling 2 steps behind me.
Mike

Tmdtexan

Lil-Rokslider
54 yards this bull walked past me and the rest was history in Idaho.

Attachments

• 6DC42B8F-6B1C-4F7F-A8DA-8C5BDBEF0919.jpeg
    6DC42B8F-6B1C-4F7F-A8DA-8C5BDBEF0919.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 9

TheGDog

WKR
25yds, young Mule Deer, 2x1. First and only bowkill so far. It went much more back... but luckily for me it was also a little high up as well so I believe it nicked arteries along the spinal column as the arrow exited the opposite side buttcheek on the Quartering toward shot that I had to hold at draw for a painfully long time for my shoulder. Because right as I drew back when his eye went behind that lone tree I drew... only to then have him decide to stop right there with his head and neck and front shoulder region behind the tree. Probably about a solid 1m30m. There was a bit of tallish grasses in-between us to so I wanted to wait until he move forward a little more to expose more of his chest/lung area above those grasses trying to make sure I didn't have the arrow deflect. I can only guess I must have imparted yaw into the arrow flight from possibly punching the releases trigger? Was a super cool feeling to have taken an animal with a bow!