Lookin for an Alaskan outfitter recommendation

gtriple

WKR
My Fiance and I are looking to book a goat (and later sheep) hunt in Alaska as early as 2024. I'd appreciate some recommendations for an outfitter.

I'd probably prefer a smaller outfitter that has a good success rate. We are young and in great shape so don't mind a hard hunt. Not keyed in on a range yet.

Feel free to PM me if the info would be better kept private.

buzzy

WKR
It’s not Alaska but check out Bob Milligan and his late season BC goat hunts. He kills dam big goats and if you can physically go like you say you can he can get you a legit shot at a 11” plus goat.

AKPA18

FNG

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Just following up as I'm applying with Ed. Seems like a great guy and he made a recommendation for sheep too.

SDHNTR

WKR
Dennis Zadra. Cordova, AK. Lonesome Dove Outfitters. Excellent goat outfitter. Been 3 times.

Glacier Guides, Inc. Especially if your wife might look forward to hunting with a female guide who happens to be one of the best in the business.
100% truth. I just returned from my goat hunt with them last month and black bear hunt the year before that. Mutts is the best guide I have ever hunted with. It is very clear her father taught her well. And if my wife were going with me, she isn't hunting with Mutts, I am. One of the best hunts I have ever been on.

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
Dennis Zadra. Cordova, AK. Lonesome Dove Outfitters. Excellent goat outfitter. Been 3 times.

I'd second this. I filled a cancellation with Dennis year before last. Hard working outfit in some tremendous country.

v8rider

FNG
I didn't hear anyone mention Lance kronberger with Freelance Outdoors.........I haven't hunted with him but his name comes up often in my circle of Goat Hunters.

Where in AK do you want to hunt goats? Kodiak? South east? I would suggest figuring out where you might wand to hunt them and look for a guide from there.

Im applying for Kodiak next year.

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
If you are willing to go into CA, Gundahoo is a solid option. This would offer some cool combo opportunities.