lookin to get a new sight.

kyle1112

WKR
as the title says, im lookin to get a new sight but dont have the bunches of money id like to have to spend on one. I have been lookin at the trophy ridge hitman 5 or the react 5 pin, has anyone shot or shoot these, if so what are you opinions. currently im shooting the apex 4 pin(with 5th pin added in) that came on my outlaw and i have it pretty well dialed but i know that with micro adjustments i could shoot tighter groups. Any help would be appreciated.

Lawnboi

WKR
MBG makes a great mid priced site. Take a look at them on SandS archery.

I just ordered a MBG rush, with a dovetail and customized pins to my liking. 135 for a site with 3rd axis and everything I need. This one will be going on my backup bow.

shaun

WKR
I have a spott hogg sdp layin around if you wanted to go that route pm me and we could work something out I am sure

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
Ill take a look at the MBG sights! Steve took really good care of me with my eberlestock pack i ordered from him.

The MBG are solid sights!! Look also into G5 ROCK sights as another option. My only complaint about a Trophy Ridge sight is the size of the housing! I wish they had a small housing option like the Spot Hogg then in my opinion it would be the best sight in its price bracket.

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
Ok I'll check em out Evan! I've got a buddy who said he has never like the micro adjustments there are obvious benefits but what are some cons that anyone has come across?

Backpack....

because its just wasted space in my opinion. I see plenty around my target environment with a smaller housing and I feel that it helps me to narrow my focus on the shot. PLUS ... I can use a 3/16" peep instead of a 1/4". A lot of the 1/4s I have seen used by guys eventually end of in an oval instead of a circle because of the amount of string pressure (mainly G5 META peep 1/4").

Kyle....

One of the cons of a micro adjust I would THINK (and its not a GREAT argument) is that if your shooting is just having an off day a lot of guys will turn their sights and start adjusting because its easy rather than just accepting the fact they might be having an off day and instead of going for center ... just work on form or group shooting etc.

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
Evan- you make a very valid point, im shooting decent groups as is right now but feel like with the micro adjust i may be able to tighten my groups up(the theory), i know my form may be not as good as it could be so ill work on that too. thank you for the info.

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
Backpack....

because its just wasted space in my opinion. I see plenty around my target environment with a smaller housing and I feel that it helps me to narrow my focus on the shot. PLUS ... I can use a 3/16" peep instead of a 1/4". A lot of the 1/4s I have seen used by guys eventually end of in an oval instead of a circle because of the amount of string pressure (mainly G5 META peep 1/4").

Kyle....

One of the cons of a micro adjust I would THINK (and its not a GREAT argument) is that if your shooting is just having an off day a lot of guys will turn their sights and start adjusting because its easy rather than just accepting the fact they might be having an off day and instead of going for center ... just work on form or group shooting etc.

I also prefer a smaller sight housing for two reasons, the waste of space as you said and I prefer to center the circle of the housing with the circle in my peep at full draw. I use this as my 1st of 3 reference points when aiming.