Looking at getting some quality 15s

Looking to add some 15s to my gear list. We took a trip to AZ coues hunting last year and a good buddy loaned me his zeiss conquests. My cousin has the slc 15s and for me I was able to look through the zeiss more comfortably. They definitely seemed to handle the sun glare much better. Although I will say I thought the swaros were definitely brighter. Most of my current glass is Swarovski so I was surprised I didn't like them better.
My question is has anyone done a comparison with these two and other 15s in the field? Meopta is a name that I keep seeing pop up. Any others you'd put in the same class as these mentioned.
Thanks for any ideas
Kris

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Kris,
Welcome to RS

It would be my pleasure to discuss 15x56's with you if you have a few minutes, 516-217-1000
Doug

I've played with them all if you're referring to the Zeiss Conquest.
I'd rank them:
1. Swarovski SLC
2. Meopta Meostar (what I currently have)
3. Zeiss Conquest.

Swarovski and Zeiss have a better frame. Swarovski wins out in FOV, edge to edge, and overall optical performance. Meopta is similarly superior to the Conquest, but the frame design isn't quite as good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mp12

FNG
Interesting that you put Zeiss above SLC's. Would you say that the SLC's were too bright and that's why they were uncomfortable? And if so, what kind of country are you hunting in? I know some open hilly desert areas with yellow grass can get quite bright. Or maybe it was just when you were glassing towards the sun.

OP
B
I felt like glassing towards the sun was the issue. We were in Northern AZ. I also felt like it was easier to focus the zeiss to my eyes. I didn't feel they were optically better than the slc binos, but they were easier to glass against the sun for me.
I have a tiny window on my El 8x32s as well for focusing so it could just be my eyes.

Firehawk

WKR
I feel your desire to get a good 15x. I spent a week on a LE Muzzleloader deer hunt in Utah a couple of week ago and had an awesome time. I had borrowed my buddy's 15x Swaros and I couldn't hardly put them down. I preferred looking through them than my spotter every time. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed just sitting and watching the hillsides.

I ended up picking up a used Meopta that showed up today from a gentleman here on Rokslide. Can't wait to put them to use. Tried to buy a new bino from Cameraland, but at the time they didn't know when they would be getting more in. I wanted to get them in time to use over the next few weeks on deer and elk hunts I have planned.

All the best in your search.

I would also look at the mavens, I bought a pair of 18x56 and they are pretty nice. The focus isn’t as crisp as my zeiss ht and they aren’t as bright but that’s an 18vs10 power. I went with them over the others because of the power option given.

OP
B
I've heard of mavens, but haven't had the chance to look through them yet. We're going back to AZ end of this year so hoping to have my own by the.🤞

Firehawk

WKR
I've heard of mavens, but haven't had the chance to look through them yet. We're going back to AZ end of this year so hoping to have my own by the.🤞

I am a huge fan of Maven's products. I own a B2 9x45 bino, a C1 8x42 bino and a CS.1 spotter. They all play very well in the budgets that they are in. My B2 bino is terrific and if I hadn't heard so many amazing things about the Meopta 15x I would likely have gone to the B5 Maven. I won't go to the B4 as the eye cups were weird and didn't fit me well.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I have the latest Meopta 15’s and in my opinion they are superior to the older slc’s and they are also superior to my 2003 el’s. Incredible binos

OP
B
The more I research it's looking like I need to look through a set of meopta binos.

I compared and used my buddies 15 slc on and off a few days a few weeks ago looking for mule deer in badlands/desert country. Both at first light and middle of the day checking bedding areas.

I've been using mavens b4s on a weekly basis for about a year and half now.

Their might be the slightest low light difference but for the price your getting dam near swaro glass for half the price depending on where you look. Their jap glass assembled in america and maven is a solid company, its Hard to not support them.

Id bet the B5s are even closer to the swaros. They also seem to have better ergos and weigh less. I could defend my life with my b4s and I notice when they are in the pack.

They have their demo program if you want to try them out

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Jpace

FNG
I am I big meopta fan. Never used Ziess but I put meopta right under swaro.

jestanw1

FNG
I have the meopta 15's and I am very impressed with them for the money. I havent spent a lot of time behind swaro 15's but I can't see a reason needing to upgrade from the meopta's. Also I would definitely contact Doug from cameralandny who has posted a couple times in this thread and talk to him. He is great in dealing with Rokslide customers and will treat you right if you go that route. I was in a hurry to get mine and did not want to wait for shipping but was able to find somewhere local that would match his price, which was the best price I had found on them.