Looking at taller boots....Crispi, Schnee

gearguywb

WKR
I have worn lower boots for many years but would like to add a pair of taller boots to be used in the west for elk/mule deer later hunts (late Oct-Nov).

Considering the Schnee Beartooth and the Crispi Guide GTX. Ha thought about the Kennetrek Mountain Extreme but from my research it appears they are a bit hit/miss with quality and fit.

Any feedback (other than the obvious fit) with either the Schnee or Crispi?

Thanks!

I have a set of the kenetreks. Used them a bit but not too many miles. They have a very stiff shank and I am not sure I would care for them on a long mountain hike. I also bought a pair of Crispi Idaho’s a few years back. They are fine but I am less convinced that the extra length helps that much. A bit of extra ankle support. Some protection for your shin. Adds a few ounces. On balance, I have tilted toward lower and lighter boots.

MThuntr

WKR
I hear a lot of mixed reviews about a lot of boots...some are often from guys that were grumpy they bought a pair of $400 boots that didn't fit exactly to their feet on the first trip. Wearing them around the house helps but definitely get miles in before your hunt since they can be stiff.

I have been using the taller Hoffman 8" ArmorPro boots and like them so far for late season. They're too hot for my feet for archery. I opted for a 12 wide and probably could have gotten away without the wide version. The other Hoffman boots are worthy of a look plus they have a Rokslide code posted somewhere on the forum.

I have the Crispi Hunter GTX and they are 2 inches taller than the Crispi Guide. Basically the same boot as the Guide, just 2 inches taller. Perfect fit is more important than just choosing a brand for the name (stating the obvious). The Crispi Hunter fit me a lot better than the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme.

coyyota

WKR
If you’re able to swing it and going to try a couple different pairs the schnee’s beartooth are worth a look.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have worn lower boots for many years but would like to add a pair of taller boots to be used in the west for elk/mule deer later hunts (late Oct-Nov).

Considering the Schnee Beartooth and the Crispi Guide GTX. Ha thought about the Kennetrek Mountain Extreme but from my research it appears they are a bit hit/miss with quality and fit.

Any feedback (other than the obvious fit) with either the Schnee or Crispi?

Thanks!

We sell Crispi (and a bunch of other brands) in addition to our own boots. If you have any questions, let me know!

Personally, I go between our Kestrel and Beartooth boots throughout the year. The Beartooth's have been awesome boots for me.
- Matt

OP
G

gearguywb

WKR
We sell Crispi (and a bunch of other brands) in addition to our own boots. If you have any questions, let me know!

Personally, I go between our Kestrel and Beartooth boots throughout the year. The Beartooth's have been awesome boots for me.
- Matt
Thanks Matt.

Looks like I will wait and see if you guys have a spring (or something...) sale.

Lawnboi

WKR
I wouldn’t discount the kenetrek. If they fit your feet they are a very very nice boot.

That said kenetrek fit me like a glove out of the box. They are not too heavy, don’t have a bunch of stitching to blow out or let water through, and are not changing things yearly. They also answer the phone when you call and are very helpful.

If they didn’t fit me well I’d be inclined to also try the Hoffmans. Look very similar. I like tall, and as close to one piece of leather as possible.

I'm using the Crispi Idahos due to an achilles rupture and wanting more support. They work well and I use them year round, but I think I'll go back to the Wyomings when they need to be replaced.

OP
G

gearguywb

WKR
Ordered a pair of Schnee Beartooth boots. Looks like a high quality piece of kit. Unfortunately they are a terrible fit so I will be returning them.

One of the big issues when trying to purchase something like this online.....trying to get the fit correct and paying for returns!