Looking at youth muzzleloaders

Wrench

WKR
I have a wolf and a vortek strikerfire. My wolf is more accurate and never fails to ignite. Mine is musket cap ignition.

You can buy a peep sight kit on Ebay for about 25 bux and it makes a fine rig.

I have never bought a youth muzzleloader. All three of my boys have just shot normal ones. My youngest is 10 now and has killed four deer the last two years. First two with an older Remington Cam-Loc and the two last year with a traditions Vortex. They have never had any issues. I always started them on youth rifles but never on muzzleloader. Not sure why, but it worked for us.

xziang

WKR
Gf shoots a tc impact and i really like that rifle actually. Me i would just find a cheap one at wallyworld and go for it. Wallyworld is clearancing their ML out. That is where i picked up the impact a couple years ago.

hunt1up

WKR
I shot an Impact for several years and loved it. I killed many deer with it including a buch at 243 yards. I changed to a Triumph for no reason other than I was bored. I just bought another Impact for my 9 year old daughter who might start hunting in the next year or so.

The new Impacts with the quick release breech and power rod are a deal for the money. I'd go with one of those all day, every day. Haven't fondled a few CVAs I'd say the Impact has a better fit and finish in that price range.

So Impact get's my vote.

I picked up an Impact this past fall for my kids age 8 and 11 to share. Reason was inexpensive and the shorter stock with spacer out. Also I have a different model TC for me that has been good. I found 200 grain TC sabots and loaded them with 70 grains by volume 777 and the recoil is about the same as their 243. Gun has been accurate out to 100 yards.

No issues with the CVA Wolf my son used to take a deer when he was about 14. He liked the little rifle. I loaded it with 60 or 70 grains of Triple 7 and a 240 grain pistol bullet in a Harvester sabot. He dropped a 100 lb. doe where she stood with a textbook shot.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
When my son was 10 I got him a Traditions Ultralight. Shoots Barnes TEZ 250 gr over 63 gr by weight of Blackhorn 209 and is very accurate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My 12 year old nephew shoots my older TC omega with 75 grains and a 200 grain bullet with no issue. He is taller for a 12 yr old so with the thumb hole stock fits him nice but its all about the load. Wont let him shoot over 75 yards with it.