Looking for a Budget pack

Jon Boy

WKR
Ive had my cabelas pack frame for 2 years now at least 3 times a week have it loaded with any where from 50-80 pounds for my hikes :confused: To each there own though! I know J-rod uses one and enjoys it. Cant argue ones bad experience from anothers good experience.

ams

WKR
There's a Dana Designs terraframe on ebay with a buy it now option. There's also a DD beavertail which would let you strap on a simple stuff sack as a daypack. Take a look at hill people gears stuff too. Their pack bags will fit most frames and you can add on a back pocket/panel that you can use as a daypack with their harness. If you watch the classifieds a duplex or mmr frame may pop up for 300 or less. You could use cheap stuff sacks and add kifaru bags and pouches over time.

The best budget pack out there is the horn hunter full curl. You can get the whole system for under 300 bucks, and it actually has functioning load lifters and can carry 120 lbs very comfortably. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to go the budget route. I used it for my first elk pack and its a great system, just a little heavy but not too bad. Spike camp bag, with the daypack and the frame gets you around 5000 CI. You can drop the spike camp bag at camp and just use the small daypack for day hunts from camp.