Looking for a colorado elk hunt tag along

Kevinkjk

FNG
New to the forums and would like to introduce/ see people's thoughts.

First off I will introduce my self names Kevin I am from the illinois suburbs (soon to be moving to Colorado in august). My main forms of hunting are upland and whitetail. I am a big upland hunter, have 4 German short-hairs. Started guiding upland when I was 14, am 26 now. Whitetail hunting specifically bowhunting came with the guiding at a hunt club. Was a nice perk cause illinois is nearly impossible to hunt unless you own land. Archery hunting has become an addiction and am always tinkering with new equipment.

With that out of way I will put my question out there. Last year I did an otc colorado elk hunt up near steamboat. Went ok in my opinion for first time heard some bugles and saw a couple elk. Last year I had my brother avid backpacker but not a hunter at heart with me, and to say the least it was difficult to get in the same mindset.

So I am going to put it out there I am moving to the longmont area come end of August. And have all of September to chase elk. But will be short a hunting partner, not afraid to hunt by myself. But I know colorado and it is big country and should not be running mountains alone.

Any one that wants a tag along with a group or wants to buddy up. Heck I'm up to even filming someone's hunt with them (I have a decent Sony camera that u have been using to self film whitetail hunts). I know how to use a Reed and can rip a decent bugle. I fooled a couple fellow hunters last year so can be that bad 😅

I have all gear to do backpack hunt/ even have a utv to get deep on a ohv trail.

Anyone interested or have any pointers let me know.

Good luck with everyone's season.