Looking for a conceal carry Sling/Messenger Bag, any recommendations?

I am looking for a conceal carry Messenger Bag. Curious if anyone has some feedback on these or has one that they like or dislike that you can comment on. Options that I have found online would be:

Mystery Ranch - 3 Way Briefcase Expandable. Isn't a dedicated CC bag but I could make it work. Several negative reviews about the non-padded shoulder strap and carry handles are a deterrent.

Vertx Dead letter sling or Commuter sling. Look nice, but I have zero knowledge of the company or bags

Maxpedition - they have several bags. Seem to be well built, but once again, I have no knowledge of the company

Sneaky bags - S.U.B. Shoulder/Utility bag. Never heard of them

Anyone have any personal experience with any of these brands and/or bags? Any other brand or bag you would recommend?

Thanks

ZDR

WKR
I have a VERTX range bag that is simply outstanding for the purpose. Smartly designed, well constructed. not familiar with their sling or commuter bag, but based on my experience I would say low risk.

bsnedeker

WKR
Can I ask why you are trying to carry off-body? Is this a backup to your primary weapon on your person? No experience with any of these....just curious as to why you are going this route.

OP
Theringworm
It’s about having multiple options, a backup to my conceal (or open) carry is one of those options, yes. I use a commuter bag daily as it is. I could easily just throw a pistol in it and carry it around but it’s not as convenient to access as it would be if I had one designed for the intended purpose. Just thought why not add some more options to my daily routine.

rob86jeep

WKR
Hill People Gear has a belt pack (pretty much a fanny pack) but you can also wear it across your chest and it's designed to carry a firearm and have quick access to it.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Mystery Ranch bag and love it. People complaining about the padding on the shoulder strap must be carrying way heavier stuff than I do.

I’ve got a 5.11 messenger bag that works great when I need to carry off body. Mines an older model not listed on the website but the Rush Delivery models would be similar in design to the one I own.

If you want to be low profile, the Patagonia messenger bags have a velcro pocket on the back side, side that sits against your body, and come in colors that dont look tactical.

Have a 511 that’s ok. You should also look at a couple of the options from Eberlestock

dv808

FNG
I have a Vertx backpack for edc. Most if not all their ccw bags have a space that's customizable with their selection of Velcro-attached holsters & accessories. There's also a space for a ballistic panel. I'd buy another...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I have the Mystery Ranch bag and love it. People complaining about the padding on the shoulder strap must be carrying way heavier stuff than I do.

+1 for this. Like mine a lot. If I am hauling enough for it to be uncomfortable, I am carrying too much.

The off body carry thing is a bit of a weird one. Less positive control of the weapon. Some potential liability if the bag is unattended.

5.11 stuff is good and I own some but I think some of their bags can signal tacticool a little too much. Was in tractor supply the other day and some guy had a 5.11 bag with molle and was open carrying a 45 with a chunky carved wood grip in a tooled leather holster. It all looked very ornate and well crafted. It also screamed mall ninja a bit and would have drawn attention of crooks or LEOs alike. I probably wouldn’t be so judgmental if he hadn’t been way out of shape and total lacking in any situational awareness.

OP
Theringworm
Sorry, but I am not wanting to look or be "Tacti-COOL". This is pure concealment and being discrete. The bag is never unattended. If not on my person it's locked away. I have watched several reviews on youtube on the Vertx line. Heavily leaning this direction. I might bring in the Mystery ranch and see if I can make it work. I like their bag the best so far from what I have seen online. Just need to get order a couple, decide what works and return the other. Thanks for the feedback gents.

Apollo117

WKR
Sorry, but I am not wanting to look or be "Tacti-COOL". This is pure concealment and being discrete. The bag is never unattended. If not on my person it's locked away. I have watched several reviews on youtube on the Vertx line. Heavily leaning this direction. I might bring in the Mystery ranch and see if I can make it work. I like their bag the best so far from what I have seen online. Just need to get order a couple, decide what works and return the other. Thanks for the feedback gents.
Good luck finding something discreet. When I looked at concealed carry backpacks a few months ago I couldn't find anything that didn't cost $200< or had MOLLE webbing all over it.

I think I'll buy a Jansport and sew a cheap Velcro holster into the lining and see if that works.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

PJG

WKR
If you are willing to wait a little bit until things get back to somewhat normal, I will send you a Vertx Gamut 2.0 backpack. Its a good setup IMO for conceal carry. If you like it you can have it, its a little too small for what I like to carry in edc pack. I lug around my camera stuff. If you like it you can have it, if not you can pay it forward to someone else.

The Arcteryx Blade packs also have a concealment that can be accessed without taking the pack all the way off and dont look "tacticool"

I use a few of the Mystery Ranch packs for my carry needs. I like to be low profile as well and I feel a backpack is more normal than a messenger bag. The MR packs I use have a dedicated laptop sleeve that is pretty hand for your laptop, or a slim chest rig.........the reality of its use is up to your imagination.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Hill people gear attaché? No tactical look and has a pals/Velcro panel for holster attachment. I don’t have one, have just noticed it before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk