Looking for a do it all pant

What is everyone’s opinion on a do it all pant.
I mostly hunt whitetails in Maine from September into the early weeks of December. The season typically starts out mild in the 60 to 70s and ending in with freezing temps and a few good snowfalls by that time. I’m also going to be throwing in an every other year early season elk hunt in Colorado starting next year. So I’m trying to find a pant that somewhat fits the bill(damn near impossible, I know)
I’ve been going back and forth between the Sitka apex and Kuius new talus hybrid or axis hybrid. Currently the Sitka apex and kuiu talus hybrid are my top choices. Although I like the wind resistance factor of the axis hybrid, but afraid the axis may be too warm in the early season. I plan to wear these as a stand alone in the early season and adding base layers into the late season.
Thanks for any help, and if anyone one happens to be selling any of these pants in a size 32 I’d be probably be willing to buy pair!

Kuiu attack or pro, Sitka apex, First lite corrugate guides. Talus and Axis are way to much for Sept. The others would probably get you through all season with the right base layers. In December you might need to add some puffy pants if sitting stands.

FL corregulate guides have my vote. With layering they are very versatile.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
Sitka mountain pant - may be a little warm in Sept but would work well through the rest of your season.

OP
chrisehnes
Seems like a lighter pant is going to my best bet and layer up later on. Now I just need to throw all those on a dart board and pick one haha.
Based on any of your guys experience do the apex, pro pant, or corrugate all shed moisture fairly well or dry quickly?

Seems like a lighter pant is going to my best bet and layer up later on. Now I just need to throw all those on a dart board and pick one haha.
Based on any of your guys experience do the apex, pro pant, or corrugate all shed moisture fairly well or dry quickly?

I would say the Kuiu Attack or Pro (haven't worn them but are basically an updated attack) blow the first lite guides out of the water after wearing both alternating days through shed season this spring. My first lites don't repel much water at all and if you are whitetail hunting the FL are a little swishy. Long underwear with the attacks gets me through all but teens with wind in Montana. Attacks handle moisture well initially but after time they do soften up and the DWR wears off a little. Still dry incredibly fast but if you walk through wet grass they will get wet eventually. Haven't worn the apex from sitka, I can say the mountain pant doesn't even begin to compete with the attack for me. The mountains are too hot and do not have venting and then when you need the warmth they don't cut the wind well and the lack of breath ability compared to the attacks (before you even open the hip vents). Once you wear pants with hip vents for any active type hunting you will not go back or will not enjoy wearing other pants.

OP
chrisehnes
I would say the Kuiu Attack or Pro (haven't worn them but are basically an updated attack) blow the first lite guides out of the water after wearing both alternating days through shed season this spring. My first lites don't repel much water at all and if you are whitetail hunting the FL are a little swishy. Long underwear with the attacks gets me through all but teens with wind in Montana. Attacks handle moisture well initially but after time they do soften up and the DWR wears off a little. Still dry incredibly fast but if you walk through wet grass they will get wet eventually. Haven't worn the apex from sitka, I can say the mountain pant doesn't even begin to compete with the attack for me. The mountains are too hot and do not have venting and then when you need the warmth they don't cut the wind well and the lack of breath ability compared to the attacks (before you even open the hip vents). Once you wear pants with hip vents for any active type hunting you will not go back or will not enjoy wearing other pants.
Thanks for the great info, that makes the decision a little easier. The pro pants i think are my top pick at this point, I'm glad the moisture control seems to be top notch. If the cold really gets to be an issue I'll just spend the money on a warmer pant.

The attacks come with like 34" inseam to. Alotta folks dont know that and short folks probably dont wanna walk on their pants

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don't think they are loud at all. I would agree that they don't shed water real well. They are a really tough pant. Taken them through some nasty brier thickets unscathed.
Thank you.

OP
chrisehnes
The attacks come with like 34" inseam to. Alotta folks dont know that and short folks probably dont wanna walk on their pants

I did see that on the website, I’m typically a 32 hopefully it’s not too much of an issue

Buzby

WKR
I don't think they are loud at all. I would agree that they don't shed water real well. They are a really tough pant. Taken them through some nasty brier thickets unscathed.
this sounds promising, I’ve heard the attack pants don’t hold up well to that type of use.

Last edited:

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If I had to pick one pair of pants I would say to try the Sitka gear Mountain Pant. I can run mine up to about 70 degrees out and as low as 20 degrees out and can get even colder with better layering. They have removable knee pads and that comes in great on elk hunts.

If I had to pick one pair of pants I would say to try the Sitka gear Mountain Pant. I can run mine up to about 70 degrees out and as low as 20 degrees out and can get even colder with better layering. They have removable knee pads and that comes in great on elk hunts.
How much noise they make dragging through brush and walking rubbing against each other