Looking for a gun- Need some input

Hi:

Although I am new here, I have really been enjoy this site.

I am looking to buy a rifle in .300 WM. There are two models I am looking for (either would be fine). The first is a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech Ember stainless. I have seen it advertised on YouTube but cannot find anyone in the US that knows anything about it. From what I have found, there are no set release dates other than seeing "new in 2021" . The option is a Tikka T3x Lite Veil Alpine stainless (not to be confused with the Veil Wideland or Lite Roughtech). I really like these two models as they come in stainless. I was close to just settling on the Lite Roughtech with a ceracote finish but decided to stick with the stainless models I previously mentioned.

I have asked a few dealers about them and have been checking Gunbroker. Can any of you offer any suggestions/directions?

Thanks!

Just to remember it’s a rabbit hole by getting it tikka. Yes, from beginning we all was “nice rifle I’ll keep it that way” :ROFLMAO:.Next ending up with aftermarket options stock/bottom metal/barrel/trigger etc.. And at the end Tikka cost same or more that high end rifle.

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
I think the Tikka Veil is a great value for the cost and would actually put above a "mid" level gun.
I would certainly have no need to put any after market options on it. I would keep it as is.

Antares

WKR
Hmmm, this is a good question. I didn't realize the Stainless Roughtech was going to be available in the states, but I do see it on the US Tikka website, so that's interesting. I would search for it using the model code (JRTXRBS331R10), but that doesn't seem to be working. Just shows the blued/tan stock version.

I was not aware of a stainless Veil nor can I find it on the Tikka website (US or Europe). Where are you seeing that?

I just had my Roughtech Cerakoted, for whatever that's worth.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
I, too, am interested in the Roughtech Ember (different than the Roughtec Lite). Weird that there is no mention ofvUS availability/timeline.

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
I actually found out (by calling) that the Ember is only available in Europe.
I’ve decided on the alpine veil or possible I’ll go Browning. I may even just keep what I have! I really was interested in that ember. Odd that it’s not offered here

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
Unbelievable, thank you for posting this. The Rep from Beretta did not know what she was talking about.
Thank you for posting this.

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
At the current exchange rate, it comes out to about $1200 USD - although it would cost you a pretty penny to import it into the US. As far as pricing might be in the USA, should it come available, perhaps it's be in the $1-1.2k range.

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
I do not want one of these bad enough to where I would want to import one. It's hard to understand why they would not export these to the U.S. Oh well, there are other models that would be great as well.

The Veil Alpine and Wideland both have barrels that are cerakoted. Pretty sure both of them are SS base metal. If you are looking for the stainless look, then the Alpine is your choice. If you are wanting the stainless for the corrosion resistance, then either of those two or the Cabela's exclusive version will work for you.

idahoan

FNG
Bergaras are really nice I have one in 300 win Mag and in 6.5 creedmoor and they are both tack drivers. I have a friend that shoots tikka's and he likes them as well

Both the Polyfade and the Ember are now on the Tikka USA website. I don't think they would have them there if they weren't slated to be available in the US this year.

OP
Bear Lake Hunter
I thought they were before (on the US site). I am likely wrong and probably was looking at the Euro site.

I appreciate you posting this and I will likely wait a few months to see if I can get this in the .300 Win. I really like this set up and admittedly, have usually liked wood stocks better. However, this is more practical and I do like the look of this. With that said, the most important part will be is how it shoots. I have hear nothing but good about Tikka so I believe I will be happy with it.

Thank you

Just to remember it’s a rabbit hole by getting it tikka. Yes, from beginning we all was “nice rifle I’ll keep it that way” :ROFLMAO:.Next ending up with aftermarket options stock/bottom metal/barrel/trigger etc.. And at the end Tikka cost same or more that high end rifle.
Agree, it’s like buying a Jeep, haha.