Looking for a Home Made Energy Bar Recipe

Waldo320

FNG
Hey all looking for a recipe for homemade energy bars. I know I can add dried fruit to pretty much any recipe but I am looking for a good base recipe with lots of protein and calories.

Mosby

WKR
I am going to be trying this one. Plan on adding some Hemp hearts for additional protein and nutrition and tweek as necessary. I also prefer making into smaller balls vs bars. YMMV.

Attachments

• Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bars • FIVEheartHOME.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 50

blackdawg

WKR
111f135888d1975f25c08a3f24e3212e.jpg
,, we cook up a big batch and freeze them, very tasty, great for on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff68

FNG
pemmican is made just for that. Native American. Lots of recipes, base is dried meat and rendered fat. Add whatever. Shelf stable for a long time.

Blackdawg, do you have any idea how many calories are in one of these? I know that it's dependent on how big you make each one, but do you have a reference for C/muffin, or C/bar?

TJ

WKR
Here's a few links to previous threads:

blackdawg

WKR
Blackdawg, do you have any idea how many calories are in one of these? I know that it's dependent on how big you make each one, but do you have a reference for C/muffin, or C/bar?

I don’t have the slightest idea, we make them into cookies about the 1.5 the size of a soft batch chocolate chip. A couple fill me up for breakfast and I am a big eater. I am lucky if they get out of the house, the family dogs into them when not hidden in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
Been liking a simple cookie that can be modified to your liking.
Basically:
2 bananas (very yellow) to 2 cups instant oats. Can be modified to your liking
peanut butter to your liking. I prefer more and was doing 1/2-1 cup
honey. I usually just add to what looks good
raisin and/or craisins if you want
cinnamon if you want
vanilla if you want. couple tsp.
-- also made some with coconut slices, that was yummy to

just add however much you want or think you would like. I usually 2x or 3x the recipe depending on how many cookies i want to make. 350 for 10-12 minutes.