Looking for a Hunting Partner for Newfoundland Moose

PA Hunter

WKR
I am only gonna give my $.02 based upon my experience last year. I flew, but I am wishing now that I had drove. I was lucky enough to harvest a moose on the 2nd day and on the morning of the 3rd day the camp was shut down and I was flown out. I had no options once I was out of the bush. I was stuck for 4 days and no way to travel around. I wound up re-booking my flight which cost me $600 and I was home 4 days earlier. I was really wishing that I had the luxury of my own vehicle at that time so that I could explore the island and see some great stuff on the way home. Only thing I got our of the deal was a larger credit card bill and a night in town. If I had things to keep me busy at their lodge I would have stayed, but there was nothing for me to do. That is the only downside to flying. Regardless, you will have a fun time and the adventure is priceless!!
I drive to Newfoundland every other year hunting moose sooner or later if you keep flying you will arrive without your gear and rifle. Saw this happen time after time to hunters. Your always better off driving if you can.

OP
B
In 2020 I am doing a late season hunt with Parson's Pond Outfitters (Oct 30th - Nov 7th) . They reserve a mountainside area for this that they don't touch all season. It is supposed to be a tough hunt, but it is a good chance of getting a 40"+ bull. Talked with several references and they all did very well on this hunt. From everything I have heard, the owner (Roger) is a real stand up guy. If you are interested in going during this timeframe (even with another outfitter), we can carpool. I am just outside of Rochester, NY.
Hmm... where were you driving from?
Driving from, Lewiston ny . Are you still going in 2020?

Trial153

WKR
Been to NL several times, they last the last two in 16 and 19 I took dad, we hunted with MVO, drove both times..easy trip. Booked again in 2022

bartman9

FNG
Yes, just found out, I got delayed till next year too. Don't have a firm date ye, so we will see. I get it, trying times for everyone so I am trying to be flexible too. Will let you know when I know.

Hello,
What does the ferry cost ?
Did your meat come frozen or fresh from the butcher? What was the cost to process?
Thanks