Looking for a moose cancellation- again

Beendare

WKR
I'm back [sigh] I was looking early...but then drew.

I drew a Co Moose tag....but now the unit is closed and I returned the tag.....so now on the off chance I can find a last minute cancellation anyone knows about...please let me know.

I'm leaving Sat 8/29 and will be in the woods in NM- so it might be difficult to put this together so late or while in the woods with little cell service...but hey...I might as well ask.

FWIW, I' hunting elk until Sept 15th...looking for something like a Canadian moose hunt for the last week of sept/ first week of October.

JES

FNG
Canada is closed, so better look at Alaska, but would be tough and unlikely something would come available up there, but you never know.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Canada is closed, so better look at Alaska, but would be tough and unlikely something would come available up there, but you never know.

Oh sheesh, thats right. ...thanks.

I know some areas of AK have a lot of restrictions but I haven't really worried about it as I thought my Elk and Moose tags were safe here in the states.....Moose tag wasn't.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've got a moose hunt for you. The only thing is.......you don't get to take the shot. So are you interested in a free "hunt", or just the shooting part? :ROFLMAO:

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I've got a moose hunt for you. The only thing is.......you don't get to take the shot. So are you interested in a free "hunt", or just the shooting part? :ROFLMAO:

Im considering helping you...but you will probably have one down before I finish my Elk hunt....

Laramie

WKR
Might find a Utah landowner voucher hunt? They are pricey but but it may be a way to hunt this fall.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Im considering helping you...but you will probably have one down before I finish my Elk hunt....

Ahhhhh.....you'll probably just get in my way, old man.

As it is right now........I turned in my elk tag so that would force me to focus on the moose. If I'm going to focus on the moose, I'll be looking for a big one. I have a month to hunt so..........

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Might call 40-mile Air out of Tok. I heard they had a few groups cancel this year with COVID. They are hard for most hunters to get into their program. Good hunts for moose and caribou.

AKBorn

WKR
Might call 40-mile Air out of Tok. I heard they had a few groups cancel this year with COVID. They are hard for most hunters to get into their program. Good hunts for moose and caribou.

The challenge for 40 Mile country is that he's elk hunting in New Mexico thru Sept 15th...the non-res moose season in much of the country 40 Mile flies into runs Sept. 8 - 17...

Southeast

FNG
Arrowhead Outfitters (Brooks Range off the Haul Rd) was advertising a cancellation drop hunt for moose on August 18.