Looking for a new bow

Evol

Hi All,

Going to head to the archery shop soon to take a look at some bows. I've seemed to have gravitated towards the shorter a2a bows recently but I want to buy something a little longer a2a so I don't have to dip my head to touch the string.

6'1 - 29-29.5" draw

Currently have a Hoyt Hyperforce (barley have to dip my head, probably will turn into backup or 3d bow) and a Helix (going to sell, hard to get a consistent anchor).

Any recommendations? Going to look at Hoyt Ventum 33, PSE EVO EVL 34, Prime Nexus 4 and maybe a bowtech. I'm curious about their new tuning system where I don't need a press for some adjustments.

Thanks

Rob5589

The PSE Evolve cam is very nice. I shoot the Evoke 35, works well at 30.5" dl. I'm not a fan of less than about 33" ata either.

CApighunter

I recently shot a few new bows, the Ventum and the PSE Mach 1 were at the top of my list, above an RX5 ultra and an EVL34. I’ll probably end up with the Mach 1 but if you don’t mind the weight, the Ventum was super nice to shoot.

OP
E

Evol

Went last night and ended up with a PSE EVO EVL 34.

I really wanted the Hoyt but the string angle was just too good on the PSE.

Stephcha

I have been looking for a new bow as well. I shot the PSE no doubt nice draw and great feeing cam. Reminded me of a old elite energy 35 draw cycle. Mentally can’t get over my perception of the PSE brand and the issues they have had in the past. Hopefully you have a more forgiving view than I do for brand history. It does shot well

1sickLT1

If there is a dealer near you, the Xpedition X33 is really worth a try.

aaronmill13

The Evolve Cam System is TOUGH to beat on those PSE's. With that said though, you could go back 2-3 years in PSE's lineup to save some money and still have a great bow. The Evoke 35 was one of my favorites ever. The Prime Nexus is top notch. If I had the cash laying around this year I definitely would've pulled the trigger on one.

ndfb35

I have a longer drawlength than you, 30.5", and a way I found to help with dipping my head with the shorter ATA bows is adding a large Bowmar nose button. It makes my 32" Mach 1s much more comfortable and for me the ultimate backcountry bows.