Looking for a new bow

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,

Going to head to the archery shop soon to take a look at some bows. I've seemed to have gravitated towards the shorter a2a bows recently but I want to buy something a little longer a2a so I don't have to dip my head to touch the string.

6'1 - 29-29.5" draw

Currently have a Hoyt Hyperforce (barley have to dip my head, probably will turn into backup or 3d bow) and a Helix (going to sell, hard to get a consistent anchor).

Any recommendations? Going to look at Hoyt Ventum 33, PSE EVO EVL 34, Prime Nexus 4 and maybe a bowtech. I'm curious about their new tuning system where I don't need a press for some adjustments.

Thanks

Rob5589

WKR
The PSE Evolve cam is very nice. I shoot the Evoke 35, works well at 30.5" dl. I'm not a fan of less than about 33" ata either.

I recently shot a few new bows, the Ventum and the PSE Mach 1 were at the top of my list, above an RX5 ultra and an EVL34. I’ll probably end up with the Mach 1 but if you don’t mind the weight, the Ventum was super nice to shoot.

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Went last night and ended up with a PSE EVO EVL 34.

I really wanted the Hoyt but the string angle was just too good on the PSE.

Stephcha

FNG
I have been looking for a new bow as well. I shot the PSE no doubt nice draw and great feeing cam. Reminded me of a old elite energy 35 draw cycle. Mentally can’t get over my perception of the PSE brand and the issues they have had in the past. Hopefully you have a more forgiving view than I do for brand history. It does shot well

The Evolve Cam System is TOUGH to beat on those PSE's. With that said though, you could go back 2-3 years in PSE's lineup to save some money and still have a great bow. The Evoke 35 was one of my favorites ever. The Prime Nexus is top notch. If I had the cash laying around this year I definitely would've pulled the trigger on one.

ndfb35

FNG
I have a longer drawlength than you, 30.5", and a way I found to help with dipping my head with the shorter ATA bows is adding a large Bowmar nose button. It makes my 32" Mach 1s much more comfortable and for me the ultimate backcountry bows.

Wasn’t in the market for a new bow and shot the mach 1 today and bought it on the spot. Just wow. 3.5 lbs (bare) with the smoothest draw at 70. Stabilizer on and dead in the hand!

406unltd

WKR
All the big brand bows will have a length you are looking for. It’ll be hard to go wrong with those options. Buy what feels the best when you shoot them. Be picky and get what you want.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
How are ya likin it? Long term review thoughts?
Great bow. I shoot this bow really well. First PSE I’ve owned. Since this post I actually picked up a Mach 1 for a deal I couldn’t pass up. Still have the evl but my brother in law is going to be buying it from me soon. Will be hunting with the Mach 1 this season. I may shoot the evl better than the Mach 1 but the Mach 1 being a pound lighter has its upside.

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t rule out the Mathews V3x 33. The thing with Mathews is they hold on target the best IMO, it’s quieter than the Hoyt rx7s also. My second pick would be the bowtechs, haven’t tried the PSEs. The rx7 ultras are super dead and a pleasure to shoot. The Ventums weren’t very stable in hand to me but a good feeling bow. It’s just an opinion though, go with your gut and get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the market for a 2022 bow. Came down to the Lev and RX7 Ultra. I ruled out the RX based on weight. It really felt like a brick in my hand after the Lev. However, I can’t justify spending close to 2k if not a bit more once it’s all set up. So I have a used Mach 1 on the way. At 3.6# bear bow I’m hoping to come in at 5# when finished. That’s almost a whole pound lighter than the RX and 1.5# lower than my current Bowtech Reckoning.