Looking for a pack for my 1st Dall Sheep Hunt in Alaska ..

So I just booked my 1st Dall Sheep Hunt in Alaska and I’m looking for help selecting a pack. This is a wilderness hunt August 17-27..
Any help would be appreciated

Graves14

WKR
What kind of hunt are you looking at? Hiking in with 60lbs of gear and food or riding horses in? Bivying out every night or hunting from and returning to a base camp?

I love my Exo Mountain Gear 3500 but you may need a larger bag depending on the specifics of your hunt. The 5500 is realistically around 6500 ci and may be exactly what you’re looking for. The Exo Frame design makes it just so damn comfortable and I’d bet the new frame that is coming out in June will be even better.

OP
2brassballs
It’s a hike in and spike camp type of a hunt no horses as the location is super remote. I been using the exo 3500 for the last 3-4 seasons and I love the pack but I’m looking some something in 6-7000 range.
I haven’t thought about the exo 5500 as I didn’t think it was big enough .

deadwolf

WKR
It’s a hike in and spike camp type of a hunt no horses as the location is super remote. I been using the exo 3500 for the last 3-4 seasons and I love the pack but I’m looking some something in 6-7000 range.
I haven’t thought about the exo 5500 as I didn’t think it was big enough .

If you like Exo and need something larger than the 5500, you might wait until spring and see if there is a new, bigger bag option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Getting the right fit is really important. I have a really long back and find a 28" frame is my main goal for a heavy load. A 26 is good but just a bit shy with load lift when heavily loaded. This pretty much means a 28" Seek Outside or a Kifaru custom. My son is the same height as me with a bit longer legs and a 26" Frame is good for him , when loaded heavy. This gives him a few more options. I love Mystery Ranch but the 24" frame is pretty much even with my shoulders when loaded heavily.