Looking for a partner for a DIY Alaskan black bear trip.

Scott74

FNG
Hey guys. I am planning on doing a diy Alaskan black bear hunt this August. Wanting to finalize it here within a few weeks. Started out as a Moose hunt with few friends but I have decided to go this way instead. May go solo but figured it would be better with a partner.

The Hunt. Black bears in unit 15 or 16 in August. Three bear unit. Outfitter told me you could reasonably expect two bears per guy if your in good shape and willing to put in the work. In these area the black bears will be feeding on berries above the treeline. Area gives good spot and stock opportunities. Will be flown in to one of several high elevation lakes with all camp supplies.

Hunt cost is 4900. (Assuming you get 2 bears) Prolly realistically looking at closer to 6900 all said and done though. (Hotels, car rental, processing, getting meat home and such)

PM me if ya have any interest or request any more information. I have got a good bit of stuff from outfitter about the trip.

Storman

FNG
Hey guys. I am planning on doing a diy Alaskan black bear hunt this August. Wanting to finalize it here within a few weeks. Started out as a Moose hunt with few friends but I have decided to go this way instead. May go solo but figured it would be better with a partner.

The Hunt. Black bears in unit 15 or 16 in August. Three bear unit. Outfitter told me you could reasonably expect two bears per guy if your in good shape and willing to put in the work. In these area the black bears will be feeding on berries above the treeline. Area gives good spot and stock opportunities. Will be flown in to one of several high elevation lakes with all camp supplies.

Hunt cost is 4900. (Assuming you get 2 bears) Prolly realistically looking at closer to 6900 all said and done though. (Hotels, car rental, processing, getting meat home and such)

PM me if ya have any interest or request any more information. I have got a good bit of stuff from outfitter about the trip.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted 16b several times and seen a lot of bear, I launch in Talkeetna and take my boat up the Chulitna river to just south of the Tokasitna. Lots of bears both black and grizz, shot a 6 ft sq black trying to get on my boat.