Looking For A Partner For A Drop Caribou Hunt

Primal215

FNG
Hello I’m trying to plan a DIY Caribou hunt but it seems most outfitters require 2 hunters, I do have hunting buddies but none can afford this type of hunt for 2021 or even 2022 so if there’s anybody here in good shape that has their own gear or can rent it and wants to talk about working together for the common good then let’s talk. I’m still researching outfitters but I have a couple in mind.

OP
P

Primal215

FNG
I maybe interested. Send me some details on where your thinking.
Currently I’m looking at Tok, 40 mile, and a few others. I have a moose drop hunt this year with North Star outfitters but they are fairly new so I don’t know yet if I will go with them again until after the September hunt but I’m hoping so because the price is better. Caribou is more affordable so trophy quality and success rates will be the focus not cost.

Zach429

FNG
Currently I’m looking at Tok, 40 mile, and a few others. I have a moose drop hunt this year with North Star outfitters but they are fairly new so I don’t know yet if I will go with them again until after the September hunt but I’m hoping so because the price is better. Caribou is more affordable so trophy quality and success rates will be the focus not cost.
Sounds good. Keep me posted on how everything plays out.

AKBorn

WKR
Hunting with a local is always a plus.

Just kinda making an offhand joke on a Friday...

I know this is NOT the case for Thinhorn, based on his many posts here, but...

Alaska is more than twice the size of Texas...you could hear from plenty of "locals" who have never hunted moose or caribou, in theory... :)

OP
P

Primal215

FNG

Alaska is more than twice the size of Texas...you could hear from plenty of "locals" who have never hunted moose or caribou, in theory... :)
So true, especially if they’re from the city.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider

And I was under the impression that every Alaskan was just like those reality TV shows I watch. Lol ;)

AKBorn

WKR
And I was under the impression that every Alaskan was just like those reality TV shows I watch. Lol ;)

The guys from AK who post on this forum are the real deal. They represent a small subset of the population, a lot of the people in Anchorage are bonafide city folk...

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
The guys from AK who post on this forum are the real deal. They represent a small subset of the population, a lot of the people in Anchorage are bonafide city folk...
I agree. Anchorage was way to busy for me and the traffic going and coming to it wasn't much fun. Most of the Alaska folk on here have been quick to help with questions I've asked and it sure is appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some in person in September.

PM sent

Hello I’m trying to plan a DIY Caribou hunt but it seems most outfitters require 2 hunters, I do have hunting buddies but none can afford this type of hunt for 2021 or even 2022 so if there’s anybody here in good shape that has their own gear or can rent it and wants to talk about working together for the common good then let’s talk. I’m still researching outfitters but I have a couple in mind.

yojo.3

FNG
Im definitely interested in a year or two. This falls hunting is kinda on the back burner. Caribou is my dream hunt and none of my buddies hunt or would ever be willing to go do something like this. Ill have to remember northstar outfitters for the future.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Stereotype much? ;) I have plenty of "real deal" friends local to me who get after it.