Looking for a quality archery shop in Georgia..

Mwilson

Lil-Rokslider
Ok fellas, I need some help. For my entire life, I’ve hunted with hand me down or purchased used bows. They’ve worked for me thus far and done their job. However, I have saved up for and want to purchase the new Mathews VXR and finally have a bow set up for me as opposed to making someone else’s bow work. Im looking for a quality archery shop that will correctly set the bow up for me. I live in Calhoun, NW Georgia, but am not opposed to traveling a little bit in order to make sure that I get a correct and quality set up. Thanks in advance.

Are you a member of the GON forum? You’ll get a lot of good advice on there. I am not familiar with any shops in that area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
If you are ever near Chattanooga I have a buddy that owns a shop in Dayton Tennessee and his work is exceptional. The shop is The Harvest Archery Shop in Dayton.

Rich M

WKR
It is tough to find good service now that the big boxes killed the little guys.

BPS, D*ck$ or Academy may have bow shops. I got some work done a Ds and it helped.

GON is the way to go.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Kind of a hike (to Cumming), but try 2nd Chance Archery - https://www.2ndchancearchery.com/. I have worked with the son (Max), and while the website might be a bit dated (they also are a Hoyt dealer), they have done good work for me.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Where is this at?
Canton
42bb5b31273d43bb5b7f6a6fcacff657.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Mwilson

Mwilson

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome thanks y’all for all the recommendations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Once you get set up, I would highly recommend looking into buying or building a press and starting to work on your own gear. In my experience most shops will get you "good enough." If you are looking for perfect you'll need to do it yourself. I bought my last bow from a shop that claimed, "you'll be 100% ready to go when it leaves here." Watched the tech put it in the drawboard and make some adjustments, ran it through paper and got it shooting ok by moving the rest, not adjusting the top hats. Took it home and threw it on my drawboard, everything was way out of whack, put the rest back where it should be and wound up swapping the top hats. All of this after being "ready to go" and paying $100 more than I would have at other shops. Lesson learned for me.

I hear the VXR is great! But i would suggest going and shooting everything that your local shop has that fits your specs looking for. If the shop doesnt want to take the time to do that and walk you through that then id look for a new shop. They'll probably rush setting up your bow and just try to get it done. Visit bowshops in the area until you find the right one, and theyll take care of you.

I'm lucky to have a great shop down the street, Ray Howell at Binks Lodge in Franklin, TN has spent 2+ hours setting up my bow before, tuning it just right, adjusting everything. The type of customer service that makes loyal customers.