Looking for a sub 16oz scope with MOA hash marks

It appears most scopes with individual MOA holds are exposed turrets and or are over 20oz... Are there any lightweight scopes that have an MOA vertical reticle? Something like the Vortex AMG EBR-7B (MOA) Reticle or Maven RS1 MOA reticles but that dont weigh 25+oz.... Ideal scope would be FFP with 10 moa hash marks in the 12oz realm.... Thanks!

BBob

WKR
Swarovski Z3 and Z5

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It appears most scopes with individual MOA holds are exposed turrets and or are over 20oz... Are there any lightweight scopes that have an MOA vertical reticle? Something like the Vortex AMG EBR-7B (MOA) Reticle or Maven RS1 MOA reticles but that dont weigh 25+oz.... Ideal scope would be FFP with 10 moa hash marks in the 12oz realm.... Thanks!

Vortex Razor LH (last year model) has capped turrets and MOA hash marks in the scope. It’s 2nd focal plane so reticle size does not change with magnification.

The weight is right at 16 oz. as I recall. Glass is nice in them. I have a couple used 3-15x42 and a new one. DM if you’re interested in a good deal on one with rings (for pic rail) and a level.

Coop
3e1e95ad30e9f0c5e65f3d35d447e820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
Not for everybody, but there’s this:

it’s a MOA based BDC vice just a set MOA reference.

I have last years Vortex HD LH 1.5-8 with G4 BDC reticle which is MOA based.

This does not meet your weight objective, but definitely a MOA reticle. I’ll be curious too as to what’s out there. I’m tired of heavy scopes. Seems like most new scopes are geared for bench shooters killing paper. Certainly not for hiking around the mountains.

Last edited:
OP
Str8shooter
Swarovski Z3 and Z5
Not seeing any moa hash marks options from swaro...

OP
Str8shooter
Not for everybody, but there’s this:
So this looks close... but man Im not sure Im understanding what the hell this means... The first line below the horizontal reticle is marked 3, but has a measurement line (small in red, that says 2.1?) And the lowest line that is marked 5 has a measurement line n red that says 8.5?) Stumped on what these represent... 1603919751476.png

OP
Str8shooter
Vortex Razor LH (last year model) has capped turrets and MOA hash marks in the scope. It’s 2nd focal plane so reticle size does not change with magnification.

The weight is right at 16 oz. as I recall. Glass is nice in them. I have a couple used 3-15x42 and a new one. DM if you’re interested in a good deal on one with rings (for pic rail) and a level.

Coop
3e1e95ad30e9f0c5e65f3d35d447e820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a possibility for me...wished they were singular moa holds and FFP...but this might be leading the pack...

prm

WKR
I think that particular one is designed for 5.56 and the 3, 4, 5 are hundreds of yards. I think...

I had one of these with a different reticle. Definitely small and light. Not much eye relief, kind of poor optics above ~8x. But it’s something.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So this looks close... but man Im not sure Im understanding what the hell this means... The first line below the horizontal reticle is marked 3, but has a measurement line (small in red, that says 2.1?) And the lowest line that is marked 5 has a measurement line n red that says 8.5?) Stumped on what these represent... View attachment 228296
2.1 is the MOA measurement from center to center on those lines. Those numbers don't show up in your scope. Zero that one at 200yds, then you theoretically have 300,400, 500. You have to actually shoot your rifle to see what yardage those actually match up with on the other lines. A FFP 12oz scope with MOA marks... you are asking for a unicorn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Not a ffp but the tri moa reticle does have 10 moa of verticals hashmarks and windage marks as well. Weighs 12 oz. https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes/vx-freedom-3-9x40

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ll agree with the push for the LH3-15. It is my favorite scope and a great value and good glass. I haven’t seen any with all the features you are asking at the 16oz weight. Mainly due to reticle.

TheGDog

WKR
Burris makes an inexpensive 1" tube FullField model that has MOA marks on both vertical and horizontal reticle lines along their full width. 15.3oz

Attachments

• LongRangeMOAReticle.jpg
    LongRangeMOAReticle.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 40
OP
Str8shooter
Burris makes an inexpensive 1" tube FullField model that has MOA marks on both vertical and horizontal reticle lines along their full width. 15.3oz
While this scope is a SFP..this actually may end up being exactly what I go with.... that price makes me a bit worried about the brightness of this scope...but then again, I wouldnt be out too much!! Thanks!

bruno747

FNG
One that is hard to find because its been discontinued for several years, but fits the bill. I have been hoarding these and joined because someone listed one for sale recently. Was hoping to PM him but cant until I have x number of posts or pay.

Vortex HS LR 2.5-10x32 XLR MOA reticle model VHS-4323-LR
16.8 oz. Capped turrets FFP no goofy markings meant for a specific caliber, just a normal MOA tree.

I have this scope on two rifles, the original I bought several years ago when Cableas had them on sale for something like 399 and I had a 20% off code. (kicked myself ever since that I didn't buy like 5 of them)

In fact I just finished a lightweight build with a Weatherby Backcountry TI in 280 ackley with one of these scopes. Haven't weighed the finished product, but it feels weird picking up such a light rifle compared to my 700 ADL in 270 with the same scope. Just wish the used scope didn't have so much wear on it. I tend to be pretty anal about keeping even my working guns in perfect condition. The used one I found has a nick near the bell and finish rubbed off the turret covers.

Someone posted the Maven in another thread and I was almost ready to throw my wallet at the computer until I saw the weight. They are the only other no nonsense MOA reticle FFP scope I have found and they did it with a higher top end magnification and slightly larger objective which would be nice for the mountains out here.. Everything else has exposed turrets and illumination.

Nubs

FNG
One that is hard to find because its been discontinued for several years, but fits the bill. I have been hoarding these and joined because someone listed one for sale recently. Was hoping to PM him but cant until I have x number of posts or pay.

Vortex HS LR 2.5-10x32 XLR MOA reticle model VHS-4323-LR
16.8 oz. Capped turrets FFP no goofy markings meant for a specific caliber, just a normal MOA tree.

I have this scope on two rifles, the original I bought several years ago when Cableas had them on sale for something like 399 and I had a 20% off code. (kicked myself ever since that I didn't buy like 5 of them)

In fact I just finished a lightweight build with a Weatherby Backcountry TI in 280 ackley with one of these scopes. Haven't weighed the finished product, but it feels weird picking up such a light rifle compared to my 700 ADL in 270 with the same scope. Just wish the used scope didn't have so much wear on it. I tend to be pretty anal about keeping even my working guns in perfect condition. The used one I found has a nick near the bell and finish rubbed off the turret covers.

Someone posted the Maven in another thread and I was almost ready to throw my wallet at the computer until I saw the weight. They are the only other no nonsense MOA reticle FFP scope I have found and they did it with a higher top end magnification and slightly larger objective which would be nice for the mountains out here.. Everything else has exposed turrets and illumination.

That looks like a scope i need to hunt down! I have been looking for an old model Razor LH but haven't found one to jump on yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
Trijicon accupoint and swaro z3 come the closest, but both have mil reticles (with moa dials). Trijicon makes the credo with a nice moa reticle but 17oz. That’s the closest I’ve found (excluding Leupold vx Freedom).

Sub 16oz scope is going to be max 10 power. Honest question: For that power why does one need ffp?