Synthetic
No Soft touch
$1500 max

Would like: (not a deal breaker)

Pistol grip
Fluted barrel
1:8 rate of barrel twist
No camo stock

I’m not looking for a light, plastic, cheap feeling gun. I want a durable, long lasting, heavy barreled shooter. Weight is not a huge issue, I don’t want to be carrying around an anchor, but you get the point.

Help me out here guys, I’m tired of looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
8 twist is gonna be nigh impossible in a factory rifle.

For $1500 start with a left handed factory magnum rifle of your taste $500, order a prefit barrel $450, stock $400, and trigger $100. $150 for brake, forgot that. Go with a Boyds, and stay under budget

Savage is easy but action sloppy. Remington is prolly a standard choice too.

You will have to spend $300 on a vice, action wrench, and go gauge, but you can sell them later. If you were close to me, I'd help you swap barrels.

Dcrafton

WKR
Browning xbolt, left hand, 8 twist with a break.
Starts around $1200 and goes up from there depending on options

Same boat. Now if Tikka came out with a LH Roughtech or Veil tweaked to 300WM with a more suitable twist rate, I would be all over it.

CA Mesa? Consider the 300 Weatherby? Awesome rifles IMO.

I was thinking the Mesa fit that description pretty well also. My brother loves his Ridgeline

OP
Southernhunters

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
CA Mesa? Consider the 300 Weatherby? Awesome rifles IMO.

So I went and actually shouldered both the CA Mesa and the Bergara B14 Ridge Wilderness, to be totally honest I preferred the Bergara because it was a bit heavier. Now, Bergara doesn’t make a LH Ridge Wilderness, so that does nothing for me now that I realize that.

I’ve also thought about the 300 WBY as well, only issue with that is lack of ammo options. So with the way this is going, it seems as though it’s going to come down to me just making a decision which checks the most of my boxes.

OP
Southernhunters

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I’m going to re-evaluate the Christensen Arms guns, currently between the Mesa and Ridgeline.....id prefer the Ridgeline due to the heavier barrel, but not sure if it its worth the price difference.

archp625

WKR
I will tell you if you are wanting a vertical grip stock the factory one is not the answer. You will more than likely hate the stock. Good news. Sell the factory one for $200 and buy what you want. Tons of good options out there.

OP
Southernhunters

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
So I’m bringing this back up guys because I’m still on the same saga....

I’ve narrowed my 2 choices down to the Weatherby Weathermark LT 300Wby Mag and the Sako Finnlight 2 300Win Mag. I really like both rifles, I swore I wouldn’t do a “Wby Mag” but there just aren’t many options for a lefty. School me and shoot me opinions on both!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Sako's have really nice workmanship. There is not much aftermarket support if you want to change someing out. Some of them eject casings such that they hita scope (I believe this is due to an extractor claw that does not grip the case head tightly enough). The Optilock scope mounts are also expensive and a bit odd to work with. They are well designed for keeping a scope from shifting under recoil, but poorly designed for adjusting the position of the scope fore and aft.

I keep wanting to buy another Sako as the workmanship is amazing and they have what might be the bust hunting detachable box magazine. Not sure I will though.