Looking for advice on new bow.... Build my bow

Going to buy a new set up after the 1st of the year...

I'm the guy who doesn't like messing with stuff., no tinkering.. I get it set (by a shop) and shoot it. I buy a new bow about every 5-6 years.
Don't need the latest and greatest, Looking for something that is reliable, low maintenance, I prefer 65# +/-, I would like to extend my range a little... my current is 50yds.

Looking for advice on a bow, sights and rest. Not scared to spend some money.... what do the archery pros think??

do you have any big dealers with lots of bows you can demo? even better if they have trade ins or bows on consignment. that's what i would do. living in a place that had no dealers for a long time I certainly have been burned once or twice buying before trying. it's very subjective so if you can shoot lots of choices it will help you get a feel for what you like even if you have to drive a ways I'd do it.

I personally try to find something that I can anchor repeatedly with my release and face structure and is really quiet as the deer are very skittish where im at. you can narrow things down a liittle by asking yourself some questions. what's your draw length? do you like short ata? long ata? longer draw you probably want longer ata. would you rather have it easier to draw or is speed and tighter pin gaps more important? are you certain about your draw length? something like the mathews swithcweight cam is really easy to change draw wieghts and lengths with a 50$ mod if your unsure when first getting into archery.

I personally like anything from mathews from the last 3 years (vxr, v3, vertix) as they seem do everything thats important to me pretty well (very easy to change draw weights/lengths, very quiet, pretty good draw cycle @28, pretty repeatable grip, pretty efficient, tune pretty easy, no handshock). I had a vertix then went to the v3 31 then went back to the vertix it just fits me perfect with its string angle. I also have an 8 year old bowtech experience thats dead in the hand, really quiet, and easy to tune with its od binary cams. its just a little longer and not as efficient as the vertix but its a great bow and the deee dont know any better. just find something that fits you well and to do that id find a way to get out and shoot as many bows as you can find.

as for sights and rests you'll be hard pressed to find something better than a hamskea trinity rest and spot hogg for sights. both are made by reputable companies and very rugged and dependable.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve had QAD and now have a Hamskea. I prefer the QAD. I briefly had a Spot Hogg, but didn’t care for it at all. HHA is my sight of choice.

Good luck with your build.

wayoh22

WKR
I don't think having Rokslide build your new bow is a great idea; you're going to get a lot of ideas/opinions and you may feel more overwhelmed. I think your best bet is to get to a local shop that you're going to entrust the next 5-6 years to setup your new bow and then do any maintenance on it. Go to that shop and shoot what they have and see how different bows feel.

I remember I was going to my local shop a few years ago to pickup a new RX-1. Owner of the shop implored me to try the new Nitrux that was released. Shot it once and was sold. Ended up spending half of what I intended to on a bare RX-1 and got a mid-level bow fully decked. Still an extremely underrated bow in my opinion.

OP
actionshooter
I don't think having Rokslide build your new bow is a great idea; you're going to get a lot of ideas/opinions and you may feel more overwhelmed. I think your best bet is to get to a local shop that you're going to entrust the next 5-6 years to setup your new bow and then do any maintenance on it. Go to that shop and shoot what they have and see how different bows feel.

I remember I was going to my local shop a few years ago to pickup a new RX-1. Owner of the shop implored me to try the new Nitrux that was released. Shot it once and was sold. Ended up spending half of what I intended to on a bare RX-1 and got a mid-level bow fully decked. Still an extremely underrated bow in my opinion.
I do plan on doing that exact thing with my local shop but at the same time, I want to hear what everyone has to say.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I personally don’t like all the bells and whistles that some of the new bows have. Right now I have a ‘12 Answer, ‘19 Double XL and a ‘20 Axius Ultra. The Ultra is probably my preferred bow. Kept it pretty simple, integrated QAD rest, Spot Hogg 5 pin sight, Crossover 821 stabilizer and Tightspot. Shoots 300 FMJ with VPA footers and V100 heads. Don’t ask how fast, don’t know, don’t care. Shoots hard and quiet. Some day I might drag out the chronograph and check it.
I like the bow because it’s set it and be done. I’m over the tinker with my bow stage. I’d rather shoot and hunt.

Sizthediz

WKR
If you're able to get to an archery shop and try some out you won't have worry about someone else picking it out you'll know the first time you shoot it. Just brought my evoke31 in for Dloop and wanted to shoot a bowtech solution and a v3 that caught my eye. Left with a new Dloop and a new v3
Decide how complicated or simple you want it multipoint site, single pin slider, drop away or whisker biscuit. Need to be sure of intended purpose. Hunting, 3d or both. Isn't this fun

OP
actionshooter
Don’t ask how fast, don’t know, don’t care. Shoots hard and quiet. Some day I might drag out the chronograph and check it.
I like the bow because it’s set it and be done. I’m over the tinker with my bow stage. I’d rather shoot and hunt.
This is me 100%... and what I'm looking for