Looking for affordable, lightweight Treestand

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a Treestand I can pack several miles into the backcounty pre-season. Interested in safe and study, but not huge. Yes I know I can build my own. Any recommendations?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Wal-Mart has some you can ship to the store.
Sportsmans warehouse had a basic one for $45 the other day.
Far from a luxury whitetail model but get the job done.

Nuke Man

WKR
Lone wolf for sure! Not affordable but probably one of the easiest to pack. If I had to hump a stand up a mountain I wouldn't take anything else.

I have owned several climbers summits, old man, and finally bought a lone wolf about 10 years ago. That is now the only climber I use. The sit and climb is rock steady...easy to set up and quiet going up the tree and quiet when it is below zero...no pinging sounds from hollow tubing. It is also pretty light and packs really nice with a load of gear.
I would hold off on purchasing a "cheaper" climber and just save up until you can get a lone wolf.
Going to be tough finding a used lone wolf because anyone that owns one will not get rid of it if they are still bowhunting...

Nuke Man

WKR
Line Wolf will run blemish sales off their Facebook page now and then. I've not tried their climbers but the hang ons are great along with their quick sticks!

ncstewart

WKR
Looking for a Treestand I can pack several miles into the backcounty pre-season. Interested in safe and study, but not huge. Yes I know I can build my own. Any recommendations?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comfort wise for lock on I like millennium and for climber summit. I have not tried lone wolf but I do want to. I wouldn't worry as much with weight if you packing in pre season. I'd embrace the suck on the pack job and set in comfort while hunting. Just my opinion. Good luck however you go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for everyone's comments thus far. I have a self climber, and I don't particularly like it. I don't remember what brand it is, but I just don't like that you have to clear every limb on the way up, and it only fits a very specific range of tree size.

As far as "affordable" goes, I was thinking like $150 or less. Mainly because I was thinking of buying/hanging 3-5 stands this year. They add up. I'm not worried about getting them stolen really, because most people aren't as stupid as I am and won't dive off into the deep hole I'm hunting.

I have extremely limited experience with treestands, but I get that comfort is important. I also like a platform I can comfortably stand on and rotate/shoot from.

As far as those harness things go... I don't know. Might as well just bring my climbing spurs. Seems like it would be really hard to move in them.

Thanks again. I'll keep digging.

vlad

Banned
i once but from Walmart and it cost hreat, save me the time of building one and the cost wasnt bad.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
You get what you pay for with tree stands. Sure you can buy one from Walmart but it will be made of steel(heavy)and a PIA to use. My suggestion would be to buy one really nice climber and use it exclusively. If you can scout the area ahead of time then you can select what trees are best suited for climbing. Once you've picked out the best prospects you can clear any limbs that will be in your way prior to the hunt which will make for an easy climb in the dark. Multiple cheap lock-on stands with climbing sticks is great for private property close to the truck but not so great for public land far from roads.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
Living in the south it's all tree stands here and I can tell you a harness is a must. You do not want to fall from a stand. That being said I don't climb with a harness on a safe line. I climb and hook up before I step off the sticks onto the platform. Most falls are in that transition. At least that I know of.
Another thing to think about is the receiver system that a lot of companies are going to. It allows you to setup sticks and a receiver on the tree and then just have one stand that you move.
I'm sure that's all you need is more options!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk