Looking for an elk hunt

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
So my brother in law is Kaleb kisky. His dad Don (whitetail freaks tv show) had 2 different plans fall through for elk hunts this fall. He's looking for any options to go on an elk hunt asap. Anything from a horseback drop camp to landowner tags (if possible?). Don wants to take Kaleb on an archery hunt, just the 2 of them. Colorado DIY is an option but he doesn't want to fight people and not having any idea where to go. He asked if I knew of anything and I told him I'd reach out to you fine people. I know it's super short notice. He said he'd like to be home by the 25th of sept to start farming if possible. Thanks gentlemen! Or if there is anything else besides elk that might interest them just throw out your ideas or options.

nrhardin

FNG
Never seen a post like this on Rokslide. Maybe someone has a better specific option, but a little late to do anything but OTC depending on the state. Smells like someone wanting a handout given their reputation (of which is completely unfamiliar to me). Good luck to you.

OP
Hessticles

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
Never seen a post like this on Rokslide. Maybe someone has a better specific option, but a little late to do anything but OTC depending on the state. Smells like someone wanting a handout given their reputation (of which is completely unfamiliar to me). Good luck to you.
Lol seriously? No handouts, he's willing to pay. Don works his ass off for what he has done, pretty sure he's one of the longest standing hunting TV shows to date. And he actually does elk hunt every year on public ground by himself with no cameras, he just had a few things fall through last minute. Thanks for the useless and dick comment

Lol seriously? No handouts, he's willing to pay. Don works his ass off for what he has done, pretty sure he's one of the longest standing hunting TV shows to date. And he actually does elk hunt every year on public ground by himself with no cameras, he just had a few things fall through last minute. Thanks for the useless and dick comment
You were given a viable option yet didn’t like it because they’d have to compete with other hunters potentially in an area they’re not knowledgeable. You then doubles down by name dropping. You gave the impression that they want preferential treatment for who Don is. Not saying that’s true but that’s the impression you gave.

Since Don has a long history of tv shows I would wager a pretty penny that he has contacts that he could have reached out to for an elk hunt or any other hunt that meets his schedule. He should have reached out to them before having someone affiliated with him post a request on Rokslide.

OP
Hessticles

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
You were given a viable option yet didn’t like it because they’d have to compete with other hunters potentially in an area they’re not knowledgeable. You then doubles down by name dropping. You gave the impression that they want preferential treatment for who Don is. Not saying that’s true but that’s the impression you gave.

Since Don has a long history of tv shows I would wager a pretty penny that he has contacts that he could have reached out to for an elk hunt or any other hunt that meets his schedule. He should have reached out to them before having someone affiliated with him post a request on Rokslide.
Thanks for your help also! Real productive keyboard warriors

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They aren't wrong. You say he hunts elk by himself every year on public ground but doesn't "want to fight people and has no idea where to go"? Where does he normally go on public ground that he doesn't have to fight people? Unless he's on a chunk of private all by himself, he's always going to have to deal with other people out there. CO OTC is always an option. None of us want to deal with people out there, but reality is what it is. This really is a weird post, even without the name dropping (not that it matters, but I've never heard of him anyway).

Hey man I had 5 awesome deer hunts planned for this month but they all fell through. Since you guys are famous TV hunters can you let me come sit in your stands & kill a big un? It really needs to be ASAP though. I l know you worked hard & planned for the last 10 months & paid a lot of money for some killer leases but hey, there’s plenty of room right? Maybe I can sit in your best stand? I’d be fine with a high fence or even a King Ranch hunt but I don’t wanna shoot anything less than 200”. I don’t want any handouts but can I borrow your gun & some of that cool face paint like they wear when they sit inside of those $5,000 hunting condos? Do you mind coming & picking me up at my house too? But I need you to bring me back home by October 9 so I don’t miss the Alabama / Texas A&M game OK? That’d be great! Oh by the way, I’m kind of a big deal and I know some really famous dudes on Tik Tok so hit me up!

KHNC

WKR
I am surprised his show has lasted as long as it has. Its absolutely terrible nowadays! I havent watched a full episode in years. No way you will get a hookup like you are looking for on this short of notice. Hell, to be back by the 25th to farm his big bucks, he would have to start his hunt tomorrow! Not much chance of that.

Gerbdog

WKR
If your in for the grind and really want to hunt elk this archery season your best bets coming out to join in the CO OTC games. Lots of public land and you can probably find somewhere away from people. Better get that truck packed and ready today and hit the road tomorrow : 25th is fast approaching. Where there is a will there is a way.....

nrhardin

FNG
Landowner voucher probably is best. Tried not to come off as a “keyboard warrior”. Not interested in such things. I suspect you just didn’t like my answer 😂.

WCB

WKR
Didn't he shoot a deer he wasn't supposed to on someone's land he was working for before he got "famous" 🍿:sneaky:

OP
Hessticles

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just a messenger and there is nothing in it for me, just trying to help a fellow hunter out "famous" or not! Most of the other times he has had vouchers where he doesn't have to deal with crowds

Honestly, if he’s that hard up to try and find a hunt on that short of notice, why didn’t he come on here himself to ask around?

I think you’re incurring the wrath of simply being the messenger here because he/they evidently didn’t have the stones to ask themselves. Hell most people are concentrating on their own hunts at this point rather than looking to help out someone they’ve never even met nor spoken to.

Just my 10¢.

I'm just a messenger and there is nothing in it for me, just trying to help a fellow hunter out "famous" or not! Most of the other times he has had vouchers where he doesn't have to deal with crowds
Whether you’ll admit to it or not, you are representing him and your attitude and responses do reflect on him. If you are friends with Don and Kaleb and want to do them right, then you may want to reconsider how you respond to people.

Can hunt bull elk in BC Sep 11-16 for $8500. Can hunt bull elk in TX Sep 11-13 for $5500. Can hunt bull elk in Alberta Sep 17-22 for $6000. Just a few examples of what is currently available if you literally spent 2 minutes looking.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man I had 5 awesome deer hunts planned for this month but they all fell through. Since you guys are famous TV hunters can you let me come sit in your stands & kill a big un? It really needs to be ASAP though. I l know you worked hard & planned for the last 10 months & paid a lot of money for some killer leases but hey, there’s plenty of room right? Maybe I can sit in your best stand? I’d be fine with a high fence or even a King Ranch hunt but I don’t wanna shoot anything less than 200”. I don’t want any handouts but can I borrow your gun & some of that cool face paint like they wear when they sit inside of those $5,000 hunting condos? Do you mind coming & picking me up at my house too? But I need you to bring me back home by October 9 so I don’t miss the Alabama / Texas A&M game OK? That’d be great! Oh by the way, I’m kind of a big deal and I know some really famous dudes on Tik Tok so hit me up!
It seems as though you have done a bit of research already!

Since I have been informed that I am the one with the bad attitude and hessticles is just being helpful, I did a bit more leg work for him.

Look at Book Your Hunt, Go Hunt, Worldwide Trophy Adventures and use their built-in search features.

If Don and Kaleb want something different and with gorgeous scenery, consider hunting in Hawaii. Most species there can be hunted year round and make great table fare. Very easy to get multiple species on a single hunt. Oh, and it is not high fence.

I have never heard of Don and Kaleb Kisky, so they are not famous to me. That being said, this is a really weird post and request. If the guy is as famous as you say he is, he should be able to use all of his contacts to find a last minute hunt rather than get his son’s brother-in-law to ask strangers on the Internet to line up a hunt for him.