Looking for Atlas or similar type bi-pod recommendation

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for Atlas or similar type bi-pod recommendation for my 700 Sendero, shooting 300 RUM.

Had a cheap caldwell, looking for appx 6'-12" adjustability. Thinking Atlas or similar/cheaper - any model recommendations? Magpul QD?

If there's an option that's not $250 that would be rad...if spending 250 instead of 150 is a great call, I'll go with an Atlas.

Last edited:
OP
7raptor

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Atlas, I've tried everything else and I either didn't care for them or they broke. Been using Atlas for 5+ years and its become second nature to put it into action.
Which atlas model do you advise?

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I picked up a few magpul bipods and have found them to be lighter and less awkward than the Harris style. They are only about $100 or so. I've never used an atlas or other high dollar, so I don't know what I'm missing.

I have tried several different bipods. I love harris bipods, most of my rifles sport those in the 12-25” model. You can use it prone, sitting or kneeling, by far the most versatile. I also have one rifle with an Atlas CAL tall bipod. Its the most stable bipod I have ever used.

HuntnPack

WKR
I’ve owned a few bipods, Harris, Atlas V8, etc. I now have an Atlas Gen 2 CAL Tall with 3” leg extensions & Raider cleat feet.
Find the best deal you can for the CAL &
Buy it. Highly recommended.

BT69-LW17 Gen. 2 CAL Atlas Bipod: Tall with ADM-170-S Lever​

Last edited:
I used Harris for years. Just switched to an Atlas CAL regular height. Nice thing is you can get the pop-in leg extension from Atlas so it's like having two bipods. Waiting on my RRS SCR clamp to come in so the bipod attaches to all the full-length ARCA rails I've been putting on my rifles.

Lawnboi

WKR
For hunting I use a cal tall model, I see little to no use in a short version in the field. With atlas 45 degree option you basically can go down to as low as I’d want before going straight to a shooting bag off the ground.

Would like to try a ckye double or triple poll for hunting but just cant spend that money.

That said can’t complain, last atlas came from a lucky shot at a match.

I also like the rrs lever or knob mount, allows picatinny or arca.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a lot of bipods, including the Atlas. I started using a Ckye Pod about a year ago and haven't used any other bipod since then. Between my son and I, we now have 4 Ckye pods.

I have a Magpul and a Spartan precision javelin light with tactical legs.

To me the Magpul is a decent AR build Bipod, just the slightest amount of stability for a battle rifle or just better than nothing.

Now for hunting/precision though, I like something with less play when I load up into the rifle. So I decided to try the Javelin Lite for longer range hunting. Absolutely love it. The carbide tips are just perfect for me for some reason. I like that the guy who made it was big into Stag stalking in the U.K. That kind of hunting appeals to me. I’m also a big fan of European rifle components too so it fits.

I really like the way all of Spartan precision’s components kind of work together too.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used Harris and Atlas bipods. Both seemed just fine until I switched to a Thunder Beast. The only issue I had with the atlas was it wouldn’t tighten down enough (friction knob not locking knob). With that said I use a tripod or a pack while hunting!

LRJammer

FNG
While the Atlas is popular, they are far from trustworthy. They are spongy and the center stud is breakage prone. I have had two and have broken them both. Yes, B&T will repair them for free but that is little consolation if you are without on a hunt. Most of the guys that I know and shoot with have all been down the same road with them and moved on to others. The Accu-Tac PC series incredibly stout. Preloading on feels like you are leaning into a wall, but they are $400 and extremely heavy. I only use mine for load development and fixed position shooting where I dont have to carry any distance. Many of the LR shooter/hunters that I know have gone to the Warne Skyline and the Cyke. They are heavier at 16.5 oz and again, start at about $400. For the price range you are wanting to stay within, just get a Harris with pan and cant. You really arent going to find anything worth owning until you get above the $350-400 range.