Looking for best puffy pant

leoneli

Lil-Rokslider
Going on a mule deer hunt in November. Looking for some synthetic puffy pants and wondering what everyone’s recommendation is. Let me know what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
I have the outdoor research and they are good. I will be replacing the Velcro sections with snaps. Otherwise good stuff.

I scored a pair of Mountain Hardwear puffy pants that have reinforced knees and seat. So far they are the best puffy pants Ive owned.

IdahoElk

WKR
Chance of getting wet
No way trying to tell you what to do but on really cold days I run Super Down Pro with rain gear and never had any issues being wet, also the down is treated and absorbs zero water like synthetic, Super down pro is like wearing a 0 degree sleeping bag, very warm.

jbwright

WKR
I will say ^ to echo @IdahoElk that the super down pro's are well built imo. They're the only puffy's I've ever owned, so obviously take that for what it's worth! But the quality I was super impressed with, and the seat/knees being reinforced was a big deal, and you could definitely tell it was a heavier material in those areas. I don't own much Kuiu gear, but that's a piece I would probably recommend...again coming from someone who's only owned 1 pair of puffy pants. I got them for a gift about 3 years ago or so? but I would give them a hard look if you're wanting a well built insulation layer that imo has the outer layer properties that are pretty tough.

I've got an old pair of LL Bean Primaloft long underwear that have worked well - but I don't think they carry them anymore. Have a pair of Black Ovis Anchor down pants coming in the mail as they are back in stock. I'm expecting to like them as well. Usually if its cold enough to need puffy pants getting really wet should be less of an issue. But I use a down sleeping bag in the backcounty in the Kenia Refuge - so I'm pretty comfortable in using down even it wet conditions.

Htm84

WKR
Are they light and packable? Leg zippers?
They’re somewhat packable. Not the lightest but pretty damn warm. For a size referencethe yellow bag is a pair of OR tradecraft puffy pants and the green is the surplus pair. Yellow bag 2.5L and green is 6.5L. You could get the surplus in a little smaller sack (maybe 5L ish) I just don’t have one. I really like the tradecraft pants but they discontinued them.

Edit to add they do have full length zips and mine weigh right at 2 pounds.

Attachments

• FDBB1B86-B037-4499-BBE6-2A2DF658197D.jpeg
    FDBB1B86-B037-4499-BBE6-2A2DF658197D.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 20

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rab Photon synthetics if you can find them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk