Looking for blackhorn 209

Hello, I’m recently just getting back into the muzzle loading world and was wondering if anyone knows where to get blackhorn 209 powder? every where I’ve checked is sold out. I live in Ohio, that or maybe some other suggestions on powders you guys find to be good with the cva accura v2 other than pellets ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep has to be in person. They took all of that off the website. They also carry the Federal Bor Loks here at the best price you will find them. Not sure if you shoot them or not but they work great for Muledeer and Elk for us.

OP
M
Yep has to be in person. They took all of that off the website. They also carry the Federal Bor Loks here at the best price you will find them. Not sure if you shoot them or not but they work great for Muledeer and Elk for us.

I struck out at the first Walmart but gonna check my local one this evening. Thanks for the input

OP
M
Both Walmart’s were completely wiped out of all powder except some pellets

I am just getting back into ML hunting and had a heck of a time finding it here in Delaware. Finally found some at a little mom and pop gun shop down state. They’d only sell me one so I went back a couple days later and bought a second. Now to find magnum primers. I can’t find them anywhere. Fortunately I have some standard shot shell primers from when I used to reload. They worked fine at the range but I want to have magnums on hand.

OP
M
I am just getting back into ML hunting and had a heck of a time finding it here in Delaware. Finally found some at a little mom and pop gun shop down state. They’d only sell me one so I went back a couple days later and bought a second. Now to find magnum primers. I can’t find them anywhere. Fortunately I have some standard shot shell primers from when I used to reload. They worked fine at the range but I want to have magnums on hand.

Yea I think I’m just gonna have to start checking smaller gun shops. I did find basic 209 cci shot shell primers this evening so I got a few hundred of them but every where else online is out of primers too. I knew the small rifle where hard to come by but I figured the 209’s would not be as bad. I’m glad to hear the standard ones worked for you because I was nervous they may not for me

Hello, I’m recently just getting back into the muzzle loading world and was wondering if anyone knows where to get blackhorn 209 powder? every where I’ve checked is sold out. I live in Ohio, that or maybe some other suggestions on powders you guys find to be good with the cva accura v2 other than pellets ?

Sportsman’s warehouse,
muzzle-loaders.com
Might be worth calling jays sporting goods up in Clair Michigan 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was passing thru CBUS yesterday and went in Cabela's, they had 2 BH209 10oz for $49 and change each. Also had a few 100 count sleeves of WIN 777 and Remington 209 primers if those have any value to you. Nice store but they didn't have what I went in for.

OP
M
I was passing thru CBUS yesterday and went in Cabela's, they had 2 BH209 10oz for $49 and change each. Also had a few 100 count sleeves of WIN 777 and Remington 209 primers if those have any value to you. Nice store but they didn't have what I went in for.

Thanks I looked online at cabela’s and didn’t see any and just figured they were out like every one else. I should of called though. I ended up locating some at a small bait and gun carry out store. But had to drive a ways and I actually drove right passed it on 71

elemendoc

FNG

Do u still see Blackhorn 209 at your Walmart?

WRM

WKR
The good news--you "should not' have an issue with your 209 primers. The bad....well you already know that. Good luck with it tho. I'm in a smokeless muzzleloader build and of course can't find large rifle magnum primers--last item needed.