Looking for Colorado gmu's 75 , 751 help.

Shrek

WKR
I'm planning for my first western hunt and have narrowed it down to this area. I have help and a free horse packout of anything I shoot in the northeast corner of 751 but if he falls through for some reason I am looking for a backup plan. I need to be within a couple of miles from a road as I don't think I could pack an elk out much more than that. I'm sure I can hual myself and camp around given time but an elk down changes everything. I may be able to pay to be dropped in and picked up bit I don't have the money for that now so I can't plan for that. Anybody who knows the area well and is willing to give some intel please pm me. Thanks... Oh , this is first rifle if drawn or I can go for any otc gmu if not drawn. Any state for that matter. I anyone wants to help an old blind hog find his acorn please pm me!

G Posik

WKR
I hunted 751 this year and did not have much luck. I seen hunters and alot of them. I never seen hunters in the other units I hunted before. I seen guys on horses coming out saying they were headed somewhere else. Outfitters were moving out early and the people with the Forrest service said they could not find the elk(They were doing their elk counts). The beetle kill is really bad in there also. It was an off year in the unit I hear. There was a large fire just to the east of 751 right on the boarder of the unit. Not sure if that was the cause or not. I hunted the middle and northern part of the unit and covered a lot of ground on foot. Would be glad to share more with you if you really would like. Just pm me

Glenn

rhendrix

WKR
That sucks, looks like I'll be looking at other units for archery mule deer.

I hunted 751 last year. I had to go about 10 miles into the Weminuche, and I still had hikers around. Long hike, beautiful country. I did cross a bunch of outfitters on horses and what not, they were asking me if I was nuts being that far back in. Good spots can be had but you are going to go FAR to find them.