Looking for drop camp partner(s)

Hello all, I would like to do a drop camp hunt for elk in Colorado this September, but most outfitters won't book a solo hunter and require at least 2 people (or more) to book a drop camp hunt.
One outfitter had several other solo hunters inquiring like me, and he emailed us all to see if we could match and find a drop camp partner between the 8 of us, but several had already booked other plans.
Other outfitters that I contacted told me that they still had some available spot, but I had to find another person to tag along.
It would have to be in a OTC unit, and ideally around mid September (I will have another hunt from Sept 4-10, so ideal dates would be around Sept 12-20). I know it will be during full moon (September 18 this year) but I can't move the moon :D

CMF

WKR
I don't think you'll see much interest in doing a drop camp with strangers. Plenty of stories on here of guys who know each other and can't get along on a long hunt.
I'm sure the outfitter will take your money if you'll pay the 2-person minimum.
Why not just spike or base camp if you want to hunt elk?

OP
Snow Panther
I'm sure the outfitter will take your money if you'll pay the 2-person minimum.
That was funny, lol! Actually some said they are required (by some wilderness/national forest rules?) to have a minimum of 2 persons for safety reasons, which could make sense.

OP
Snow Panther
Well, I am most likely only going to do my guided hunt in early September this year, and drop the ... drop camp idea.
And then we'll have 2 years with my group of friends to plan our 2026 hunt.

Cyril

FNG
Best bet is a two for one. My wife is coming with me elk hunting this November and is planning on helping me butcher and pack my next moose. She doesn't hunt but enjoys the process.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Until doing a week-2 back country hunt with one of my best friends this would have seemed like a great idea. We are very close hunt exactly the same both positive attitudes yet each of us still end up at some point getting on the others nerves. We still spend most of September if not all of it in the woods and we have a great time. My point is however I would never roll the dice on someone you don’t know. Also good advice above my wife got into hunting because of my obsession with it. Some of my best days in the woods are watching her kill animals through a spotter. We both however realize we are not compatible for a pack your camp hunt tho

Chris B

Lil-Rokslider
I typically hunt alone 99%of the time . It's a ton of work, but peaceful and quiet. I second the above.

Best bet is a two for one. My wife is coming with me elk hunting this November and is planning on helping me butcher and pack my next moose. She doesn't hunt but enjoys the process.
Same here. My wife doesn’t hunt but was with me on my dall, caribou, and stone hunts, and will be with me on any future tags I draw more than likely. We train together, and as I tell others, she does everything I do except pull the trigger. Mountain hunts are a commitment physically, mentally, and financially, and to have your spouse onboard and equally vested makes it that much better of an experience.