Looking for DS103 (late TMA) info/partner

AlaskaEd

WKR
First, if anyone else got a TMA late season tag and needs a partner (or wants to hunt bears there) send me a message.

Also, for the folks that have hunted it before please message me so I can pick your brain.

I have a plan and fly-in reservations, but I'm wanting to explore all avenues.

Jimss

WKR
Congrats on one of the toughest tags in Alaska to draw! You ought to have a great time. If you haven't already you may want to place a similar post on the Alaska forum Alaska Hunting I sure wish I had time to accompany you because those type of hunts don't come around very often. Best of luck!

akgutpile

FNG
I had that tag last year. Flew in with my wife at the end of August in the high country with no luck. Flew in by myself at the end of the season and walked the West Fork glassing the mountain sides as I went along till I saw one I wanted to go after. Killed mine the second day in. Saw 5 bear. No snow in the high country at that time. Flying out I saw a lot of Rams way up high, in areas I would never go.

As luck would have it my wife and I drew the Delta late hunt this year. Hoping she will get her first sheep. We are wanting to use wheelers and save some money.

I would be happy to share any other info that might help with your Tok hunt. Good luck.

I had that tag last year. Flew in with my wife at the end of August in the high country with no luck. Flew in by myself at the end of the season and walked the West Fork glassing the mountain sides as I went along till I saw one I wanted to go after. Killed mine the second day in. Saw 5 bear. No snow in the high country at that time. Flying out I saw a lot of Rams way up high, in areas I would never go.

As luck would have it my wife and I drew the Delta late hunt this year. Hoping she will get her first sheep. We are wanting to use wheelers and save some money.

I would be happy to share any other info that might help with your Tok hunt. Good luck.
Damn, talk about lightning striking twice! Congrats on the draws, can't say that I'm not jealous.:)

akgutpile

FNG
Damn, talk about lightning striking twice! Congrats on the draws, can't say that I'm not jealous.:)

I know it's crazy. My wife and I also drew Copper River Bison fall 2015 to spring 2016. River didn't freeze so we flew in and got dropped on a swamp and each shot a bison in and out in 5 days. That was an easy hunt even with the -5 degree weather in a tent. Then we found out we drew Tok Sheep late season 2016. Put a lot in on that hunt and when we were in there, my mother in law got hurt and she was watching our two kids so we ended it early. I been applying for that hunt for 18 years and couldn't end it like that and flew in solo. Luckily the wife is understanding, Spent a shit load of money flying in super Cubs in 2016 but it was so worth it. Tok was fun, hell I was sheep hunting, but I feel it is a bit over rated. I flew into 2 different areas, didn't see a lot of sheep and the ram I got was 34", he was double brromed and full curl on one side but a majority of the small amount of Rams I did see were groomed on one side and not full curl on the non groomed side.

Looking foreward to keeping it cheap this year on the Delta hunt, don't know much about the areas accessible by wheeler but will roll with it. If any body wants to share experience with ate access to delta, I would love to hear about it. Also willing to help out with my personal info on the Tok sheep hunt of 2016 and my Copper River Bison hunts.

Also the key to unlock draw hunts....put in with your wife. That's when I started to actually draw tags! Good luck.