Looking for feedback on the Sig Sauer Zulu 7 10X42 Bino’s.

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum. Just trying to get feedback on these Sig Sauer Zulu 7 10X42’s. There is a pair for sale at a store near me that are a floor model $450. Seems like a good deal. They seem to look good when tested outside. A bit on the heavy side. Has anybody had any experience with these for an extended period of time in the field. I have a sig rangefinder that I really like. I just haven’t been able to find many user reviews from hunters out here on the web. Oh also I live in Utah so would be using these for western mountains.

2blade

WKR
The Zulu 9 is outstanding but I have not looked thru the 7's. Does the store have a pair of Zeiss Conquests you could compare them too at dusk? Or, maybe a set of Vortex Razors? If they beat out the Razor then they would be comparable to the Conquest, imo. From there, its just a matter if they fit you?

OP
T
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t try the conquest, I’ll see if they have some when I go back see how the price looks as well. I compared them with Leica trinovids, leupold BX-4 pro, and Vortex Viper HD. They where comparable price due to the Zulu’s being on sale. Did not try the Razors. The Zulu 7 seemed a bit above all the ones I compared and probably on par with the Leica’s. But they are all better than what I have been using so I can’t say anything bad about any of them.

2blade

WKR
Imo, the Trinovid is comparable to the Conquest and better than the Razor as well. For that price I don't think you can go wrong here if they are comparable to the Trinovid. Where in Utah do you live?

OP
T
Ok correction I’m not sure if the binos I tested where the Trinovids. I went back to try them today since there was a nasty snow storm and I ”worked“ from home today. (Ogden in Northern Utah) I tried them and the Conquest and really liked both a lot. From what I can tell from my very untrained eyes is that the Zulu 7’s are better than Viper HD and near the Razors. Conquest and Trinovids beating them all, pretty much flowing in line with the price points. The Zulu 7 sale price may be the best bang for the buck though. So now I’ll just have to decide how far to dig into the pocket book.