Looking for help & advice on a Cooper

New member here... I've been reading the posts and there seems to be a lot of knowledge and experience about Coopers on here. I am new to the Cooper world and trying to do my due diligence and learn before I make my first Cooper purchase.

I am looking for a 300 WM. Synthetic stock. Here is Utah Cooper's are pretty rare and hard to find sitting in a store to go look at feel.
My local Scheels store has 3: 2 pre-owned and one new.

When I started down this rabbit hole I was looking at the OPEN COUNTRY LONG RANGE (LIGHTWEIGHT) but I am also considering the TIMBERLINE.
Both are listed at 7 lbs. one is a 24" barrel and one is a 26" barrel.
I am 80/20 hunting (Mule Deer & Elk) over bench rest shooting.

Timberline is currently $2,549.99 and the Open Country Lightweight is approximately $4,000.

Thoughts and opinions from owners / shooters?
Best rifle for long range hunting?

Any idea what the lead time is for Cooper to build an order right now?

Any other things I need to know and should be considering between these two rifles before I buy?

Thank you!

I’d give Tikka a close look. Perhaps a little lighter than the Cooper and just as accurate with better quality control. Lots of aftermarket support for Tikka too.
My buddy and I have had too many Coopers with QC issues to bother with them any further.

Brianb3

WKR
Great rifles. Killed a lot of animals w my 7mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I’d look at Fierce and CA in that price range too as those should both easily be accessible in UT with both being there. Bergara also released a new premium rifle recently that seems to be pretty nice too. Curious on the 300WM caliber...lots of other newer options with similar performance and less recoil

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Coopers, I have 3 of them. They all shoot under .5 moa. If you are looking for a light weight Cooper, look at the model 92. It weighs in at 92 ozs. Great shooting guns and made for the backcountry!!

My cooper in 7 STW shoots great, great trigger and no QC issues. I would call them and ask your questions, they have always been really easy to get ahold of and nice to talk to when I stop into their facility.

drmatara

FNG
The Coopers are great rifles. They are super accurate. And if you're looking for a lightweight cooper, model 92 won't be a bad choice.