Looking for help in work out programs to follow in the gym

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
Just hoping to get some help or pointed in the right direction on getting my overall fitness level pointed in a better direction, lost around 110lbs and sitting at a healthy 170lbs now. Got my nutrition in a great position but never have been good about a set style of workouts for gyms or at home. Just kind of go through some machines and weights and get 20-40 minutes on the stair steppers. Any one got any pointers or plans to help get me set on a better path? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just hoping to get some help or pointed in the right direction on getting my overall fitness level pointed in a better direction, lost around 110lbs and sitting at a healthy 170lbs now. Got my nutrition in a great position but never have been good about a set style of workouts for gyms or at home. Just kind of go through some machines and weights and get 20-40 minutes on the stair steppers. Any one got any pointers or plans to help get me set on a better path? Thanks!

Check out starting strength or StrongLifts 5x5.

daddie63

WKR
Congrats on the weight loss and health improvement. That’s great. I would second the 5x5 program for starters.

OP
Gold54bs

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the weight loss and health improvement. That’s great. I would second the 5x5 program for starters.

Thank you! And I’ll definitely be checking it out!

Congrats, I did the same thing with weight loss about 4 years ago. I found a Crossfit gym close to my house. This makes it a no brainer, just show up and grind no trying to figure out what to do every 6 weeks, everything is planned for you. People are there to work not sit on a machine and text so it push’s you. Stay after it !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely get something lined out; going to the gym with no "plan" is better than nothing, but having a plan in place is going to get you much father down the road of fitness.

I think a mix of a few HIIT type workouts and a strength program concentrating on big, compound lifts (namely squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press)- in addition to 5x5, also check into Wendler 5/3/1 would put you well onto the right track. Both 5x5 and 5/3/1 are very detailed with a roadmap to make good strength gains- no guess work- just follow the plan.

Obviously the other component is aerobic activity- lots of options there- hiking/biking/running/swimming/etc, mix it up, make it fun.

The biggest key to overall fitness imo is consistency, make it routine.

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Ryan Humiston he has a gym plan that is really good. It's also, only 20 dollars and he is pretty entertaining.