Looking for hunting buddy Second Archery New Mexico Unit 51

Puttncut

FNG
I fully understand how complex this situation can be but it's worth a try. I hunted this unit last year with a non-hunting friend who is not available for 2021. I will either draw or purchase a LO tag. I will be 64 next September and don't think it wise to attempt this hunt solo. I am in relative good shape but I take my time. This will be my 7th archery elk hunt - I know how to call - have come close multiple times - but have never drawn blood. I won't mind hunting solo but feel it would be more enjoyable to have a friend in camp. I have all equipment for a comfortable tent camp including an ATV. I am also a pretty good camp cook. I sometimes have bad camp-food gas... I smoke...and I will have a sip or two before lights out. Other than that, I'm easy to get along with. Interested?

Might be hard to make it happen, I am a new hunter I have many years of firearms never hunting though, I recently got back involved in bows to hunt with my step dad. We did scout around for many hours further south with no real luck and if it can happen I would not mind helping if I could learn. I smoke as well, and I do enjoy adult beverages before bed. I am 100% comfortable and prefer a sleeping bag in the back of my truck, if you would like to discuss please feel free to contact me, I joined here just to respond but I am about to make sure that I have notifications turned on if I can.

OP
Puttncut

Puttncut

FNG
Just saw your response Drifter - thanks! I'm not totally against having a novice elk hunter with me - beginners luck is a very true thing in elk hunting. I certainly am no expert but to be honest - the fact you've not hunted much makes me a bit nervous. We can continue this conversation for sure - so tell me about yourself - where ya from - how you plan to get a tag - what equipment you shoot and how well - etc. Thanks again for your response...I look forward to hearing back from you.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Finding a hunting true hunting partner is as hard or harder than finding a wife. I hunt solo mostly because my friends don’t like to hunt, they like to drink and sleep in. Best of luck this season both hunting and finding a partner to hunt with.

TacoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Finding a hunting true hunting partner is as hard or harder than finding a wife. I hunt solo mostly because my friends don’t like to hunt, they like to drink and sleep in. Best of luck this season both hunting and finding a partner to hunt with.

Ditto this. Hard to find someone who is reliable and actually wants to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Puttncut

Puttncut

FNG
Thanks for the response guys...my local partner is now available to make the trip with me this Fall...all is well in the world once again.