Looking for hunting partner in Georgia that likes to go out west.

Hey guys I'm looking for a hunting partner here in Georgia to do local hunts with, but also one who wants to go hunting out west as well. I'm located about 30 min west of Atlanta. I've hunted both private and public land, but in the last several years I hunt public exclusively as I enjoy the challenges of learning new land and hunting them as if they're my very own. I enjoy hunting with a gun and bow, however I find myself predominantly hunting with my bow the last few years. I typically hang and hunt from my lock on during bow season, and still hunt from the ground alot during late rifle depending on where I hunt. I'm 36, been married for 15yrs., family oriented with 2 teenage daughters and we live off of wild game. Love to camp and fish, but I Live to Hunt. I'm in good shape and want to find a partner that's like minded, one I can grow to trust, become friends, and enjoy a few hunts out west together as well. I mostly hunt whitetail here at home, and really like hunting out west when I can. I'm mostly drawn to mule deer and elk, but would also enjoy hunting antelope and coues deer as well. I enjoy solo backpack hunting, but would prefer to share the experience with someone that is serious about hunting, gets up early, hunts the wind, and has a good attitude. I have always been the one to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to spend time in the outdoors. I enjoy researching and planning the hunt, using OnX maps to get me in there, and having the proper gear to take on the next adventure.
I don't have any set plans this year, but hopefully would like to go to Arizona OTC this year or next in the early / late season backpack archery to spot and stalk mule deer, but open to other ideas while continuing to build some points in other states. Having time off work isn't a big deal, as long as I have time to budget the hunt. Would prefer to stick with DIY hunts so I can hunt more often. If your looking for the same thing then just let me know and we can go from there, maybe get to know each other on a couple scouting trips, try to out smart some whitetail, and plan some hunts out west.
It's preferred, but not a deal breaker if you don't live in Georgia..

Hike in early, hunt hard.
Andrew

RedFox67

FNG
Just moved back stateside so getting back into hunting. I live in Noonday, just north of Atlanta. Shoot me a PM.

Carr5vols

WKR
I am 40 miles west of atlanta and go out west each year. Typically Mule deer but last year took my middle son and he got his first antelope. I train at cohutta and dugger mountain in alabama.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Guys I am in Newnan. My son (18yo) and I are training and gearing up for our first western hunt. We are doing an OTC elk, deer, bear, lion combo in Idaho in September. We are going for spring bear in June. This is a scouting trip for elk and deer but we figured we might as well take advantage of the season. I would be interested in hearing other's experiences hunting out west.

Swampdogg

FNG
Hey guys I'm looking for a hunting partner here in Georgia to do local hunts with, but also one who wants to go hunting out west as well. I'm located about 30 min west of Atlanta. I've hunted both private and public land, but in the last several years I hunt public exclusively as I enjoy the challenges of learning new land and hunting them as if they're my very own. I enjoy hunting with a gun and bow, however I find myself predominantly hunting with my bow the last few years. I typically hang and hunt from my lock on during bow season, and still hunt from the ground alot during late rifle depending on where I hunt. I'm 36, been married for 15yrs., family oriented with 2 teenage daughters and we live off of wild game. Love to camp and fish, but I Live to Hunt. I'm in good shape and want to find a partner that's like minded, one I can grow to trust, become friends, and enjoy a few hunts out west together as well. I mostly hunt whitetail here at home, and really like hunting out west when I can. I'm mostly drawn to mule deer and elk, but would also enjoy hunting antelope and coues deer as well. I enjoy solo backpack hunting, but would prefer to share the experience with someone that is serious about hunting, gets up early, hunts the wind, and has a good attitude. I have always been the one to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to spend time in the outdoors. I enjoy researching and planning the hunt, using OnX maps to get me in there, and having the proper gear to take on the next adventure.
I don't have any set plans this year, but hopefully would like to go to Arizona OTC this year or next in the early / late season backpack archery to spot and stalk mule deer, but open to other ideas while continuing to build some points in other states. Having time off work isn't a big deal, as long as I have time to budget the hunt. Would prefer to stick with DIY hunts so I can hunt more often. If your looking for the same thing then just let me know and we can go from there, maybe get to know each other on a couple scouting trips, try to out smart some whitetail, and plan some hunts out west.

Andrew

Hey Andrew , I’m not far from you and would be interested in all of this as I have been searching for the same. I have a few hunting buddies but not many very dedicated ones.I live and work in Atlanta but drive all over the state to get outdoors. I was recommended to this site from the local Georgia forum . I’m going out west this September to Colorado and plan to try to go west at least once a year. Shoot me a pm if you still need a partner or would like another ( 1st post and can’t get the pm to work)

Swampdogg

FNG
Welcome swampdogg. I believe I read your similar post on GON forum. What is your 20?
Hey thanks .
At the moment I’m about 100 yards from the Colosseum in Rome. Back in Atlanta I’m a few minutes away from the Zoo.

mooster

WKR

Andrew
I’m from middle GA and do tons of hike and hunt for bear in N GA. I’ve been hunting AK DIY last couple years. Have you gone west yet?

mooster

WKR
Forgot to mention that Back Country Hunters and Anglers GA chapter will have some events soon. Be a good place to meet up.

I live in Flowery Branch and am starting to look into hunts out west. Doing the saddle hunting thing this year and looking to get deep into some public land maybe even hike in Friday hunt sat and hike out sunday up in the Nat forrests.
Starting to get the itch to do the Colorodo OTC hunt but I dont feel like my skill level is there just yet maybe next year. I work for myself so the time is there just need to do it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Flowery Branch and am starting to look into hunts out west. Doing the saddle hunting thing this year and looking to get deep into some public land maybe even hike in Friday hunt sat and hike out sunday up in the Nat forrests.
Starting to get the itch to do the Colorodo OTC hunt but I dont feel like my skill level is there just yet maybe next year. I work for myself so the time is there just need to do it.

There is plenty of adventure in the NG mountains. The WMAs have great opportunities because nearly everyone hunts right next to the rd. If you want to pack in, then you can quickly get to animals that rarely see humans. Many of the WMAs do not allow wilderness camping, which makes it a challenge. NF outside the WMAs are great hunting as well. You don't have to wrestle with an army of orange along the rds in the WMAs.

mooster

WKR
There is plenty of adventure in the NG mountains. The WMAs have great opportunities because nearly everyone hunts right next to the rd. If you want to pack in, then you can quickly get to animals that rarely see humans. Many of the WMAs do not allow wilderness camping, which makes it a challenge. NF outside the WMAs are great hunting as well. You don't have to wrestle with an army of orange along the rds in the WMAs.
And the Cohutta is so hard with trees down that it doesn’t take much to get away. 8 of us hiked 3 miles in last year, made a basecamp, and never saw another hunter as we fanned out from there. We saw hikers as we used popular trails to stretch out but again, no hunters. The hikers were friendly but usually surprised to see us with long guns.

mooster

WKR

N GA my first saddle hunt on a 2nd hand saddle . I broke it in right. 98313931-406E-46DF-B35B-7EB9B4CA7CAE.jpeg

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
And the Cohutta is so hard with trees down that it doesn’t take much to get away. 8 of us hiked 3 miles in last year, made a basecamp, and never saw another hunter as we fanned out from there. We saw hikers as we used popular trails to stretch out but again, no hunters. The hikers were friendly but usually surprised to see us with long guns.
I think 200 yards is as far as most are willing to explore. They don't want to risk having to drag an animal back to the truck from any deeper. You are right about the blowdown. It is that way across the wilderness areas. people just do not understand how exhausting it is fighting that crap. If anyone wants to hunt deep at Cohutta, they need to put in the time scouting, because you have to know if that perfect spot on the map is accessible and you have to be able to get in there without telling every animal within a mile you are in the woods.