Looking for Hunting Partner

Dirtymo

FNG
Hello,

I have been going west for about 5 years. My hunting partner will not be able to make it out this year for 2020 archery. I will be applying in MT for sure and maybe WY. I am based out of VA. I'm open to going solo, just prefer not to. In the past we have done a mix of hike in and spike camping/hunting and day hunting from the road. Looking for someone who I can get along with, has some experience, and is in shape. Not sure if I am driving or flying out yet.

Thats it

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I have never hunted MT or WY, but have hunted elk in CO, ID, WA and MI. I was planning another DIY OTC public land archery elk hunt in CO for 2020. I reside in MI.
I'm with you when it comes to not hunting alone especially when it comes to packing an animal out and for safety concerns. Have a lot of experience and prefer pack back hunts. I like to stay mobile. I am flexible with the dates. Have struggled the past few years with partner commitments.

joe22657

FNG
Hello,

I have been going west for about 5 years. My hunting partner will not be able to make it out this year for 2020 archery. I will be applying in MT for sure and maybe WY. I am based out of VA. I'm open to going solo, just prefer not to. In the past we have done a mix of hike in and spike camping/hunting and day hunting from the road. Looking for someone who I can get along with, has some experience, and is in shape. Not sure if I am driving or flying out yet.

Thats it

What part of Virginia are you from? I’m thinking about going as well but concerned about packing out solo.

I might have a good match for you. He’s been solo bow hunting in Colorado for several years now. He’s ready to try Wyoming and has a few more points than he needs. Do you have any points in Wyoming?

Beendare

WKR
A note to the OP;
I've found some good hunting partners this way.

My one buddy in CO, I'm in CA I met 'Blind' and we have hunted together off and on for over 30 years...to this day he is one of my closest friends.

I met another guy from the internet that I took bow fishing...I would hunt with him any time.

Now I would say its a good idea to talk a lot before the hunt. There is no doubt the internet makes some bigger and badder....and I've seen that with one guy I met from Bowsite. He met me briefly on an Az elk hunt....we didn't talk much before that....and lets just summarize; he was much more of a mountain man tough guy on the internet than in real life. FWIW, He was sleeping in his hatchback rental car...not wanting to sleep in the tent- bears or some silliness.

Spend some time chatting with guys before you commit. Be honest with yourself too....if you have a my way or the highway attitude...its YOU that is hard to get along with. If so thats fine, but you should be hunting solo.

I've met a few guys from this site that I would hunt with in a heartbeat. ...best of luck.

Marble

WKR
A note to the OP;
I've found some good hunting partners this way.

My one buddy in CO, I'm in CA I met 'Blind' and we have hunted together off and on for over 30 years...to this day he is one of my closest friends.

I met another guy from the internet that I took bow fishing...I would hunt with him any time.

Now I would say its a good idea to talk a lot before the hunt. There is no doubt the internet makes some bigger and badder....and I've seen that with one guy I met from Bowsite. He met me briefly on an Az elk hunt....we didn't talk much before that....and lets just summarize; he was much more of a mountain man tough guy on the internet than in real life. FWIW, He was sleeping in his hatchback rental car...not wanting to sleep in the tent- bears or some silliness.

Spend some time chatting with guys before you commit. Be honest with yourself too....if you have a my way or the highway attitude...its YOU that is hard to get along with. If so thats fine, but you should be hunting solo.

I've met a few guys from this site that I would hunt with in a heartbeat. ...best of luck.

That's a really good way to explain it.

I have 2 friends currently that I would not hesitate to go on a back country hunt with. I have several other friends that I hunt with from the trailer or house, but they are not really serious about it. I am.

For me it's easy to tell if someone is as passionate. The conversation will tell you how interested they are.

It's hard to find someone that is oddly passionate about going into the woods, beating up your body, spending money, being tired, hungry and uncomfortable. And then dream about it, doing it all over again as soon as your in the truck heading home.

Good luck on finding someone.

DavePwns

WKR
I'd recommend going to an RMEF dinner, outdoor show expo, hunting seminar, 3D archery comp, ect. I have met most of my hunting partners this way. Finding good hunting partners is like dating, you gotta meet lots of people and find a good fit. Not to say you can't do it on rokslide, I've just found it's nice to meet in person, share stories, and find common ground

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I have never hunted MT or WY, but have hunted elk in CO, ID, WA and MI. I was planning another DIY OTC public land archery elk hunt in CO for 2020. I reside in MI.
I'm with you when it comes to not hunting alone especially when it comes to packing an animal out and for safety concerns. Have a lot of experience and prefer pack back hunts. I like to stay mobile. I am flexible with the dates. Have struggled the past few years with partner commitments.

I'm in the same boat with a lack of committed hunting partners. If you are still looking for an archery, backpack partner in WY or CO - let me know. I've been out to WY in 18' and haven't been able to shake elk fever since. I'll be out west somewhere, somehow in 2020 and would prefer not to be a solo hunt. I'm 34, good shape and committed.

I might have a good match for you. He’s been solo bow hunting in Colorado for several years now. He’s ready to try Wyoming and has a few more points than he needs. Do you have any points in Wyoming?
Where are you guys from? WI over here and looking for a WY or CO backpacking, archery hunting partner for 2020

The guy I have in mind is from Nebraska doing a backpack archery hunt with a base camp for regrouping.

I currently only have 1 pt in WY for elk. I would need some pretty good luck to draw in WY for the general tag and why CO or even Idaho would be a back-up plan. I have 5 pts for muley in WY, 3 pts for elk and muley in CO.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat with a lack of committed hunting partners. If you are still looking for an archery, backpack partner in WY or CO - let me know. I've been out to WY in 18' and haven't been able to shake elk fever since. I'll be out west somewhere, somehow in 2020 and would prefer not to be a solo hunt. I'm 34, good shape and committed.

Hi there. Lets discuss the possibilities. Private message me, looking forward to hearing from you.

Bcorn

FNG
Where are you guys from? WI over here and looking for a WY or CO backpacking, archery hunting partner for 2020
What part of Wisconsin are you from? I went solo last year because I cant find anybody that will put the work into it before we even head west. Mainly getting in shape so I've just excepted going solo.

I feel your pain OP. The few hunting friends I do have (whitetail) would never commit to an out of state elk/deer hunt. They either blame it on money, their wife, work......blah blah blah. Even if one did commit, I’d worry the whole year they’d back out at the last minute. Plus I’m in pretty good shape and I move fast and hard. None of them would be able to keep up. None of them have the gear/clothing. I finally just said to hell with it this year. I’m going solo if nobody else wants to go. I have a whole month off work in September. I plan to be hunting the whole time.

I went with a kid thats friends with my brother, he came highly recommended hes done several 1-2 week backpacking trips in CO sailed from Portugal to Alaska all sorts of cool stuff. extremely long story short we drove his vehicle from Massachusetts to Idaho and on day 4 he had a complete breakdown and left. I was able to borrow a vehicle and fly back but it was a disaster. I think finding guys on here would be more beneficial if it doesn't work out go your separate ways and that's that, if it does great and you have a new hunting buddy. as of now im putting in for Wyoming general with 3 points, plan on going solo but if I meet someone on here that's in the same unit that wants to hunt id be more than happy to meet up